Finally Delivered

LuvMyL

2007 Saleen S331 SC
A few hiccups with delivery, but it is finally here....

2007 Saleen S331SC...100 miles on it.

15" brakes
Rockford Fosgate Sound system
Hidden hitch with towing package
23" chrome saleen wheels
Magnaflow exhaust - stock

I know it is slower than a lightning. However, since I dont race....it was a better fit for me. Plus, I like being able to carry 5 people.

First impression...everything is loud. You can hear the electric fans whistling and the AC whistle when it kicks on, which I thought was strange. The supercharger only makes 6 psi, and you can barely feel it when it kicks in.

Last edited:
been so busy, by the time I get home, its dark. I am working from home today...I will take some this afternoon :)

yep you just can't hide money!!!!!

congrats again. wish they woulda put alittle more thought like that into a lightning. i'd love some big brakes and non factory hood.-standard with the package of course. that sure is a nice truck. i bet it lights up like a cockpit at night with all that dash work. i almost missed the blower in the pics. looks like its right beside the alt. which also looks like its reverse mounted.

yep you just can't hide money!!!!!

congrats again. wish they woulda put alittle more thought like that into a lightning. i'd love some big brakes and non factory hood.-standard with the package of course. that sure is a nice truck. i bet it lights up like a cockpit at night with all that dash work. i almost missed the blower in the pics. looks like its right beside the alt. which also looks like its reverse mounted.

I havent had a chance to drive it at night! LOL.

The blower is in the same place as the lightning...or, relatively same place. The only thing I dont like about it is the magnaflow muffler is right under the cab. You get a terrible drone.

Dont let the sticker fool you, it was much less than that. The dealer actually wanted $68k for it "adjusting for fair market value" - lol, yeah right

Nice ride dude ! I love those trucks. I would have thought you would have gotten a silver one though the white ones are faster! Arrest me red man haha dont get busted =)

I havent had a chance to drive it at night! LOL.

The blower is in the same place as the lightning...or, relatively same place. The only thing I dont like about it is the magnaflow muffler is right under the cab. You get a terrible drone.

Dont let the sticker fool you, it was much less than that. The dealer actually wanted $68k for it "adjusting for fair market value" - lol, yeah right

how does it sound overall? i been wanting to swap my flowmasters for a set of magnaflows. but have been scared cause i havent heard a 5.4 with em. and don't want to swap back and forth. i hate to know what the payments on that thing are!!!!!

hope you have better luck with red vehicles than i do. never had so many tickets in my life.

you gonna tint the windows any more? that thing would look killer with some darker tint, how does the sound system seem to be?

I had maggies on my lightning. Hands down, one of the best sound systems out there. I think I have a video clip hosted somewhere. If I find it, I will PM it to you.

I might go a tad darker on the windows....just to cool it off on the inside a little bit more.

I rarely, if ever speed....unless its 5mph over. So, I am not too worried about that.

The sound system, I havent had a chance to "experience" yet. It sounds....ok through the radio. I am surprised that it didnt come with an auxillary input jack...like for an Ipod.

I will be up your way soon. I shoot you a PM when I am in the area.

...delivered...and already in the shop....

The computer needs to be sent back to Saleen so it can be reflashed with a new calibration...thats going to take two weeks. The truck was surging.

It was delivered with a nail in the tire and the wheels out of balance. The dealership I got it from said they would get me a new tire...but we know how that goes. The other unfortunate thing is, Team Ford cannot balance a 23" wheel. Saleen wont allow them to use anyone else to balance the wheels for the balance to be covered under warranty. So, I am fighting with the dealership that I got it from to make things right.

Also waiting on the EagleOne detailing kit that was suppose to come with the truck....

And a check for $125 for gas since the truck was delivered near empty.

At least it was fun driving it for a week....just long enough to put a bedrug in!

I forgot an update...

I got the truck back. It was all in the tune from saleen. The truck runs like a champ now. The dealer paid for a new tire and for the tires to be balanced. The bedrug didnt like the saleen tonneau from (full metal jack rabbit from pace-edwards)...but I made it fit. NOthing that a BFdeadblowH couldnt take care of. :)

I have a Hellwig rear sway bar on order. Surprisingly, this truck didnt come with one. I have also been talking with Jim Jr @ JDM. Great guy. I should have some goodies from him soon.

IM still waiting on my Eagleone Detailing kit and $125 for gas though.

I am seeing 15-16mpg in town and 20-21 on the highway. 93 Octane is $4.09where I am.

Back