few ? stan

first off my factory 00 shocks died today so it is time to replace them. i know you like the qa1s. what are the pros and cons vs a shock like the hotchkis/bilsteins? my only worry with the qa1s are a few people have posted about them breaking in a short time/quality issues. i already have hotchkis rear leaf springs and your 1200 coils. truck is for auto-x/open track events.

the other question is my truck only got a 1" drop from your coils(i guess do to the high spring rate). i would like to get the front down another 1-1.25" drop. should i use western chassis drop arms or should i trim alittle off the bottom of the coil?

one other thing how far of a rear drop is a safe limit w/o a c-notch? my truck is at 17.5" center cap to fender lip. if i was to drop it further should i go with your c-notch?
thanks brian

to get more of a drop in the front you can cut off thebottom of the coil 1/3 of a coil that will give you an additional 1.25 drop.As of when to c notch if you have less than 3 inches of travel from the bump stop to the axle tube then you need to do something to more.the reason I prefer the Qa's is because of the cost.I do not know of a shock that is adjustable for less money that is any kind of performance shock.The next cheaper shock that I have found are double their cost.I have not heard of any breaking in several years now I have heard of them leaking but also remember the weights that we are dealing with and the spring rates.but they are rebuildable and revalveable.Stan

got the email stan and thanks. give me some time to get the funds but i will be ordering them. any advice of what settings i should use with the 1200 coils/and the hotchkis leaf springs? or it just a trial and error process :)

Back