fellow gloc members

svtken

GLOC MODERATOR
Hey guys just wanted to ask a few question for the 26th. First anyone intrested in making the event a cook out when we get their. Just a thought. Second whats the scoop on hanging out after. I'd like to see us stick around and get to meet everyone a little more. From the way it looks were going to have a good turn out. Also from the way it looks i should be their for sure. So anyone wanting to convoy from this area. Lets meet up at that barnicles we meet at last time. Its right at 85. Or we can meet over at windy hill exit too. Really looking forward to this guys. I think we owe a thanks to lightnrod for setting this up. Good to see us all working together to make this happen.

Thanks LIGHTNINROD/Dan.Look guys I could meet Ya'll at the Shoneys hwy 18 at Forsyth if you wanted.Its about 60 miles south of Atlanta.Easy access off 75 its on right side of road then its also very easy to get back on.Good place to use restroom get drinks ect...Also a couple of gas stations there I know one is a ammoco.We would be no more than an hour from the track and I could show ya'll the way .Let me know if I can help.THERES A LIGHTNING STORM BREWING!!!!!!!!!!Later Dale 95 Red #2075 of #2280 NLOC#687 GLOC#???????BOLT ON!!!!!!!

------------------

Charlie/Dale: 'ppreciate it! I'll check with the owner about cooking at the track--d/k, but racin' fuel and fire might not be a good mix? There's plenty of open space so it might be ok, but I'll email Ed to find out.

NEW topic: What does everyone think about me inviting the Corvette club(in Warner Robins--where I live) over for some 'friendly competition'? They had me talk at one of their meetings 5 or 6 yrs. ago about 'driver's schools'(I had a Z281LE at the time). 3 or 4 months ago, they had 6 or 7 Corvettes at the track. Only 3 or 4 raced--a ZR-1 was in the 13s(if I remember correctly)-LOL, and I never got a chance to stage next to him. Think about it and let me know--I think most of them are 'posers' but I could be wrong.

Dan

[This message has been edited by LIGHTNINROD (edited 12-23-2001).]

again, i think we could get some cheap rooms at a motel 6 or something close to there and hang out for the night, do a little partying afterwards, anyone else interested? also as far as meeting lets meet south of atlanta somewhere right of 75, so we dont have to loop around atlanta. white lightnin has a room rate of 27.99 on another post.. wayne

[This message has been edited by Lightninginga (edited 12-26-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by svtken:
Hey guys just wanted to ask a few question for the 26th. First anyone intrested in making the event a cook out when we get their. Just a thought. Second whats the scoop on hanging out after. I'd like to see us stick around and get to meet everyone a little more. From the way it looks were going to have a good turn out. Also from the way it looks i should be their for sure. So anyone wanting to convoy from this area. Lets meet up at that barnicles we meet at last time. Its right at 85. Or we can meet over at windy hill exit too. Really looking forward to this guys. I think we owe a thanks to lightnrod for setting this up. Good to see us all working together to make this happen. </font>

OK, I got an answer back from the owner of SDR. He said "'grillin' and cookin' is a Great idea." He might bring some hamburgers of his own and he said he would turn the lights on if we wanted to stay later. Very nice guy--go up and shake Ed's hand, if you get a chance.

Dan

Great Thanks for the info. I'm going to plan on bringing my grill and some burgers and dogs. Along with some chips and goodies. I hope some people can bring other things as well. Lets see if we all can bring some stuff. Also whos all going to stay the night i'm intrested in that too. But would like to know whos all going to hang out. Lets put some more info up on this.

charlie

Charlie, we can all bring something i am sure. also really want to get a list of those wanting to stay the night. i want to stay since i am driving 3 hours to get there but would like to get a group to stay and party.
QUOTE]Originally posted by svtken:
Great Thanks for the info. I'm going to plan on bringing my grill and some burgers and dogs. Along with some chips and goodies. I hope some people can bring other things as well. Lets see if we all can bring some stuff. Also whos all going to stay the night i'm intrested in that too. But would like to know whos all going to hang out. Lets put some more info up on this.

charlie
[/QUOTE]

This sounds like it is going to be a great weekend! I'm up for staying the night. If we get a list going of what people are bringing we can all pitch in. We need to set up a definite place to meet for the ones coming from Atlanta. Any info on the corvette club joining us?

Well now I'm in a situation to bring the Lightning, as I will be racing my mustang on that day..

Suppose maybe I can just tow the trailer with the L, instead of the other truck..

hmm..

OK guys, I've 'stepped' in it! I just emailed Bob Wade, President of the Central Ga. Corvette Club and invited all of their members to join us Jan. 26th for some 'friendly competition'. Don't let me down---come on down----I can't run 'em all by myself-LOL. Of course, they may decline or forget to show up but y'all won't have an excuse--I'm gonna keep remindin' you of the great time we're gonna have at SDR.

I'll let you know of any responce I get back.

Burn-out!
Pre-stage!
Stage!
LAUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

Back