February 2010 Truck of the Month-Congrats to Gregg "rudder9" Rudinsky!(NLOC#2756)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

February 2010 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Gregg (rudder9) Rudinsky ! (NLOC #2756)

From the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, aka the Keystone State, comes this month’s owner of NLOC Truck of the Month. While the state is well known for oil, coal, steel, and chocolate among other things Gregg is doing his part to help out in identifying Pennsylvania as the Lightning state ! Increasingly, as the Gen 1’s continue to put on age, Gregg is not the original owner rather noticing a Lightning at a stop light. Engrossed in the sound and look Gregg had to be reminded the traffic light had turned green by an impatient honk from the car behind him ! So started the chronic disease for this month’s TOTM that some call Lightningitis. While Gregg has not severely modified the windsor under the hood yet he has certainly refined his Lightning into a reflection of his personal tastes. True to Lightningitis there are both plans and intent to take his disease we all share to higher levels. Currently the V (Vortech) word is being used on the NLOC Gen 1 forum but words like 393, 408, and turbo are also mentioned here !!

Read on to learn more about Gregg and his Lightning then join in the congratulations to rudder9 !

4317946383_14d2ef0e51_b.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

My interest was sparked in these trucks one day while I was sitting at a light and a guy rolled up next to me. I think it was around ’94 and he was making a left and I was going straight. I remember looking at it, the truck was red and it sounded great. A slight burble and maybe lowered. His exhaust right at my open window and he turned. Next thing I know the lady behind me is honking for me to get moving.

4295192536_8522ecdab3_o.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

At the time I was big into Dodge Daytonas. We had a Bronco in the family and I've always been a Ford fan, but the Daytona got good mileage and I knew how to make them fast. I owned 4 all together. All 2.2 liter turbos. My fastest was an ’87 blue Pacifica model that ran 11.40's.

4294448305_00a5f26bd5_o.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

My truck is pretty much stock engine wise. I have added a new exhaust, March u/d pulleys, CAI w/big filter, MSD ignition 6a box, coil and distributor. I also have a NOS wet kit that I spray up to 150 through. I had the trans rebuilt when the pump went. Had all the updates done. Also has a Circle-D 2800 stall and punisher v/b. The rear has a tru-trac differential and 4.10 gears and a DTS girdle to help keep the insides in. As far as show goes, I haven't done much. It has a nice stereo and amps. I added my 18" XD 797 wheels and she rolls on 285/60-18 Kumho tires. The truck’s paint was in great condition so I just stripped it and waxed and sealed it. I also added a small Lund Backdraft spoiler.

4294448801_b664d5a65a_o.jpg

4295192654_fa99b58d94_o.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

I really don't have any really interesting stories yet. I do get a lot of compliments on the truck. I also get asked a lot if it is a "real Lightning". I have surprised a few people who wanted to see how well she moved out. No real war stories.

4294448365_baf7a5ccbb_o.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

I am 39. I am married to my wife Janet. I have a 3 year old son Brett and a 4 year old German shorthaired pointer named Sabre. I am an HVAC mechanic and as far as hobbies and sports I love anything w/an engine. I enjoy fishing, some hunting and pretty much anything that has to do with being outdoors or my yard. One big thing going right now is the turbo Mustang I'm helping my brother build. Just an awesome experience, both the car and the time with my brother Scott.

4294449353_3fb1b99486_b.jpg

4294449215_a34803b7c4_o.jpg

4295193246_89a0e530e3_o.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I have been using NLOC since last year around Sept ’08 when I bought the truck. I became a member about 4 months ago. I like to help sponsor the people whom help me. This site is an invaluable resource and the members are great. Always willing to help. Even when the questions are somewhat questionable.

4294448999_95b02b415a_o.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

I think the site is great the way it is. I've seen this answer numerous times, but it actually is put together well and easy to use.

4295193202_690fff9594_o.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

Rudder9 is my screen name. My hockey nickname is rudder and I've been wearing number 9 on the ice since I was about 5.

4295192484_82195c2f0a_o.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

I would like to build a 393 or 408. I really would like to do a turbo build also. I drive it as a DD now so lowering and other more radical stuff is out right now. My other vehicle, my 95 bronco, is for sale right now.

4295193888_54661cb99c_b.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

I would like to thank my wife Janet, for putting up with my obsession with cars. I'd also like to thank lightning95 (brett) for helping me out with getting more familiar with these trucks. Also everyone on this site that has lent a hand. Last Ford, for building these things. Sure they're old and somewhat out of date, but they're a blast to drive and somewhat unique.

4295192594_fb2c850fd0_o.jpg

4294449069_a39f5c2391_o.jpg

Congratulations to Gregg and his 1995 White Ford Lightning for Truck of the Month, February 2010 !

I told him when he goes bigger on the turbo, that's mine.For all my" free labor".We are taking it to the tuner in 2 wks.I can't wait.

No disrespect to any L owners of diff. colors, but over the years the white really just grew on me.I'm not really a white vehicle guy, either.Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back