FAQ web page for Gen II newbies

Road Rage

I'll make it and host it if you guys think it will be helpful for the rookie Lightning owners.

Last edited:
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Thank you. If I had more time I would have made it myself. I am like you, I dont try to be an a-h but reading the same questions over and over and over again gets pretty tiresome.

I think it would be a good idea. I would scroll on over there and look at it. It would be useful to me.

A few ideas. Anyone else?

Links to all the vendors.
Best initial mods on a new lightning.
How to get your SVT certificate.
Differences between the 00 and 01 trucks.

:hail: Road Rage :hail:

GREAT suggestion. :tu: Good thinking, It would have helped me a lot a couple years ago.

My hats off to you.

Perhaps BidD can agree to provide a link. ;i Or even a section like the "Electronics" section?

Nice info. What's funny is that you can look at this Gen 2 forum at almost any given time and see those same titles all over the place. :D

Raisin Pie for you Road Rage!!!!!!!!!! Great idea. I have to agree it gets tiresome answering the same questions over and over. On the other hand we were all Newbies once!!!:tu: :bout::B2:

Frank5L said:
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Thank you. If I had more time I would have made it myself. I am like you, I dont try to be an a-h but reading the same questions over and over and over again gets pretty tiresome.

If they'd just use the damn
top_search.gif
functionality this wouldn't even be necessary.

But thanks for putting the time forth:tu:

As a rookie Lightning owner I would like to thank Road Rage very much for your effort. That is excellent information and so is the link that cteselle posted.

From being on F150online and here for a short while I have picked up some of that information and always ready to learn more about our trucks.

I would say, in defense of some of us rookies, that the search function doesn’t always work so great here or F150online. I usually always try a search prior to posting the question on either site and many times I do find the information I need and some times I don’t or might find something to the affect I am asking about but not really answered to where I might understand it.

I would highly encourage all rookies to try the search first and then if you don’t find the answer your looking for then post letting the vet’s know you tried searching and then informing them ”here is what I found, but not sure about this etc, or could you explain this to me etc.”

I can’t speak for other rookies but I would think many may agree with this and that is, is there a way perhaps even a forum of its own where there could be nothing but the type of post, with pictures, that shows for example changing plugs, lowering shackles etc.? The type of post with step-by-step instructions. This type of forum could be something that is locked, or in other words where no one could add to the post it would just be a step by step for what ever the subject is. Just an idea and there may be something like that but I am not sure where it would be since I am a rookie… :D

I have seen many good posts here and over at F150online with step by step instructions with pictures or without that were excellent and just seem wasted since they would die in weeks unless someone was lucky to find it in a search.

Anyway I do very much appreciate all the help all you can give. I love this truck and it has been over 12 years since I have owned any type of performance vehicle and it seems at times I can’t get enough of the vet’s information. Keep up the good work… :tu:

Road Rage,

Nice job. The more FAQs out there the better.

I desperately need to update my site. While I'm updating do you mind if I add a link to your FAQs page?

LTNBOLT said:
Road Rage,

Nice job. The more FAQs out there the better.

I desperately need to update my site. While I'm updating do you mind if I add a link to your FAQs page?
Go for it
;i

cteselle said:
There already is a Gen2 FAQ: http://www.svtlightnings.com/faq1/faq.htm

This covers many of the newbie type questions. I don't think it covers everything that you mentioned but it's certianly a start.

That FAQ is hosted on my website. It was originally compiled by a bunch of the old time members of F!50Online.

I have been the only one maintaining it for the past 2 or 3 years.

If anyone that has a newer truck is interested in helping update the FAQ with more recent info drop me an email ...

The Specs page has no info about the 2003 and 2004 for example.

Also let me know if you have other FAQ's and if its OK for me to link to those FAQ's

Doug

Last edited:
Hi Doug,
I see this as a community project, so no problems with linking...we have the BW now so that is not an issue. I would like to see a locked post with all of the links on one list with a short description of each.

Kacey,
I have made you a moderator to allow you to work on this section...any questions just email me at BigD@nloc.net.

To all,
This is a chance to make a very informative link post and we are looking for your comments/suggestions.

Thanks,:tu:

...Dwight...

:D :D WOW they don't get any better than this guy.

Dwight..... You are Da MAN. ;)

Thanks for jumping in.

Now if I can keep upwind of your burn outs this year things will start out good. :bout:

;k

What about a thread for the Drag Strip newbies? Include drag racing/weight reduction tips, tool listing, etc...

Back