Ennis, March 9th, anyone?

James,
Send me an e-mail or call me and let me know what the plan is. I plan on going to take a look and meet some of the gang, but I'm not sure how long I'll be around. How long do these things usually go on for?

------------------
Tom Liss
2001 Black Lightning ordered 02/06/2001!!

Sixpipes - Nice job of expectation setting.....

Why the slow ET prediction ? Concerned about lack of traction ?
If you get there early you should be able to get a couple runs in when the VHT is still on the track and the ricers havent left street tire debris everywhere.
Doug

Absolute madhouse tonight. Got three runs in and left at 9:45. Cars were still double-wide coming in the gate and backed up out on Hwy 287. Best run was 13.069. Other two were 13.14 & 13.18. Thanks to Autothrottle and his neighbor who helped me push go_rila through staging on the third round. Unfortunately, I didn't get hooked up very well and wasted all the effort for nothing. Thanks guys. Looks like it will have to be Hallsville on the 25th.

Didn't catch up with OneRedTXBolt or either one of the other two Lightnings that were there (silver and black). What a zoo.

Sixpipes

If you can run 13.06 at the TMP with its traction issues you should have no problem getting into the 12's

What was your best 60 ft ?

Doug

Traction was good early. I had my best 60' ever and still didn't break 13.000000. Third gear was not pulling well for some reason last night. Top end was down by 2mph.

60' - 1.854
1/8 - 8.330
1/4 - 13.069
mph - 103.16

I wish I could have met up with soem of you guys. James and I got out there at around 7 and left at 9:30ish. Didn't do any racing in the Honda, although I probably would have done better than some of the cars out there. I won't steal any of James story as for his times. He can post that.

Sixpipes, was that you at the gate that I passed by walking? There was a line of us around 9:30 trying to get out, and I ran up to the gate lady to ask her to help us get out. I am a big guy and wear glasses. I remember the guy in the black Lightning getting out of his truck to go to the gate keeper and I mentioned to him that we were going to line up and go out the middle. Was that you??

------------------
Tom Liss

Tom - That was me and I remember you saying "hi". I saw the red Lightning parked off to the side, but didn't see anybody inside (probably because of the dark tint). Anyway, I was in the "Let's get the hell out of Dodge" mode at that point. If ya'll can make it to Hallsville in a couple of weeks, there is usually time to visit between rounds. I'm just glad I got there early enough to get three runs in. See you soon.

I don't think I'll make it. I am working on my MBA and have a final coming up right after that, so it won't be a good idea for me to stop studying. One thing I overdo is studying for exams, but that'll be over soon. I'll probably make most of the events this summer, as I am not taking any classes, and I'll be out to play for sure once I get my truck! See you at one of these get-togethers, I'm sure. Hell, I might even invite everyone over to my house for a barbecue!

------------------
Tom Liss

It was a zoo down there on Fri! I kept looking for all the other Lightnings, but could not catch up with any. (Well, except for one black Bolt, not Dennis, with a guy that didn't seem very friendly).

Anyway, sorry I missed you guys. I made 2 runs. Didn't really enjoy the 45 minute waits between runs too much.

My times were:
13.994 and 14.08? (Time slips are in the truck). That's with 1090 miles. I guess I'm glad I broke into the 13's. I was thinking I'd have a little better times than that though.

Oh well. I'll post the complete info from work today. I'm looking forward to Hallsville!
smile.gif

Later....
James

PS Tint? I'm still pricing tint jobs
smile.gif

For those that are interested....

My exact #'s from the Texas Motorplex:

1st Run @ 8:17pm:
60' 2.128
330 5.904
1/8 9.005
MPH 79.44
1000 11.706
1/4 13.994
MPH 98.57

2nd Run @9:30pm:
60' 2.133
330 5.934
1/8 9.057
MPH 78.96
1000 11.777
1/4 14.083
MPH 97.70

Those 60 foots would indicate that you are spinning a bunch on launch....

Dont worry your truck has a lot more in it ... It may just need some coaxing

Doug

Back