engine part

White 95

I don't know what this is called so I'll try and describe it. It's a fitting that comes out of the intake manifold and has one of the heater hoses attached to it. There is also an electrical connection on it. It is just behind and to the left of the distributor. Mine is all rusted and needs to be replaced. The dealer doesn't have one as he says it has been discontinued and out of stock and is specific only to a Gen 1 Lightning engine. There was no name for it in FoMoCo language. So....does anybody recognise what I am trying to describe and know where one is available? I forgot...this is for a 95 Lightning.:cr::cr::cr:

That is what is known as a coolant tree. It houses the heater hose and the coolant temp sensor.

I have heard of some people using one from a mustang but don't hold me to that.

coolant tree...nice name. Thanks for the comeback. Do you have any idea where I might be able to get one? I can't imagine I'm the only one that needs one. Are there any vendors here selling them? What about vendors out there like NAPA, PEP BOYS, regular parts houses? Any help would be appreciated.:cr::cr:

If you can't find one, can you make one out of some misc. brass fittings? Or does it have the sensor built in etc...

Back