Engine Color Schemes

bumperquip

I'm trying to decide on a color scheme for the engine. Not the compartment as a whole, just the motor, accessories and components.

On my last truck, the red one, I went with the combo found on some old '60s mustang 289s... black, gold and aluminum.

I liked it but am wondering if there's another combination that would look as good or better.

Any of you guys have any ideas or even photos of various OEM engine color combos?

It's gotta be a "from-the-factory" color scheme... but, it really doesn't even have to be a Ford scheme.

What do you guys think?

I think this is a '67 289
173_0308_eng_3_z.jpg

This is my old truck. Never got the VCs done but those were to be gold too.
EngineColorScheme-StockSetup1.jpg

Last edited:
grey wrinkle finish look and carbon fiber. I will try to find pics. You went old school before now go new edge

I love the gold, What paint did you use? I've saved that picture as my target. If I can only get my engine compartment to look like yours I'd be happy.

Last edited:
well deffinitly not factory but ford blue block and polished always looks great :) , well atleast that the look id like to go for in my engine compartment.

Your idears always do inspire me Ron, i think i am going purchase the same tailights as your old 93' and the same bed side covers as well, that truck is sharp looking :drool:

Ron is that pvp pipe insulation on your air condition line? Mice chewed on mine and I can't find a replacement. Thanks Jack

I love the gold, What paint did you use? I've saved that picture as my target. If I can only get my engine compartment to look like yours I'd be happy.

It's all Rustoleum... except or the powder coated pieces.

I've used that brand for years. It's fantastic stuff and wears wonderfully.

I Rustoleum flat blacked the wiper arms on my daily driver 6 years ago... they are still absolutely flawless.

Ron is that pvp pipe insulation on your air condition line? Mice chewed on mine and I can't find a replacement. Thanks Jack

Jack,

You're right on. It's the split seam stuff.

To ensure it didn't separate at the seam, I used 3M Super 88 electrical tape (the high heat stuff) on each end and under the firewall retainer clips.

Back