Empty blower case question.

butang

I'm going to use an empty blower case for now with the turbo set up. I'm guessing I need to seal the bypass butterfly opening to make this work since the BOV will be taking it's job. Is this right? Also, I'm removing all the aluminum that's over the intercooler since the turbo will be creating the boost. I know with the steg ports and such it needs a certain design to build boost off the rotors. I'm thinking I want all of this material out for the turbo application. I'm just second guessing myself before I make the perminant cuts. Thanks for any input.

If you have an extra case (or just want to prevent the one you have from being usable again as a blower), I'd say yeah, definitely, hollow it out on the bottom. Unrestricted airflow.

Why not just get a PTS sheetmetal box and save that blower for someone who might want or need it? Or did you want the case as an asthetic thing?

You could ask Sal what he did to the blower case if you're set on going that path.

I'm not set on it, but I have the extra case and I knew the linkage would be the stock stuff. Does the PTS intake use the stock linkage and cables? How much is it?

Sal cut the entire bottom out of the eaton case. He blocked off the upper plenum with an aluminum plate. This allowed most of the OE components to bolt directly on.
Hope this helps.

25557-135-21356.jpg

25557-135-21631.jpg

Last edited:
butang said:
I'm not set on it, but I have the extra case and I knew the linkage would be the stock stuff. Does the PTS intake use the stock linkage and cables? How much is it?

You'll have to call PTS to ask how much for just the intake.

It does position everything so all the stock stuff lines up in the stock location.

Here are some pics of it:

Picture27.jpg

my.php

my.php

my.php

i doubt it. you could seal it, but both sides of it will see the same psi, so it won't do anything, but maybe cause a little turbulence

Back