E4OD Torque Converter swap

Toplait

Greetings,

Well I'm in the process of my 5.8L engine swap. I was thinking, "since I am going to have the engine pulled out." I might as well swap out the torque converter.

Any one have a recommendation on a better then factory converter or a mild Stall Converter for a 92' E4OD. I have an aftermarket cooler and a Derale tranny pan. Tranny was rebuilt about 70k miles ago and is going strong. Although, It seems to be pretty weak off the line.

When I press the brake and then the gas it revs up to about 900RPM and you can then feel the tires grab. I'd like something better then that.

I use the truck as a daily driver to and from work. Rural back roads, "fun." Highway driving mostly. I'd like to be able to roast the tires when I punch it.

Thanks

There are plenty of posts on here about converters. You'll get mixed results on the 2 biggest players for converters for these trucks. Those being PI and circle-d. I personally run circle-d and have had great results with it. Being it's a mostly stock truck a stall of 26-2800 would probably be best and hardly noticeable in day to day driving unless you stab the throttle.

Back