Dynoed my truck

RAIDEN

Saturday, Paradise Cruisers had a dyno session at Hypersports and I participated since it was only 60bucks for three runs and w/ the O2 wideband.

I ended up just running my street tunes since no one on the island sells race gas for now. ;m But boy was I surprised w/ the numbers I made with just 92 octane. :clap: The first two runs I was using a new tune from RWTD. I also had the MAFia installed since I was pegging 5.0v at the tracks.

1st run. the truck downshifted and spun on the rollers. Forgot to turnoff the O/D button. so we ran it again and made 427hp/497tq. but we still forgot to attach the wideband.

2nd run w/ wideband. made 428hp/502tq. a/f was 11.9 to 12.0:1

3rd run I changed back to my old tune (Johnny Lightning)and removed the MAFia. I made my best run of 437hp/508tq!:tu: but noticed my MAF pegged (5.0v) at 5500rpm.

I need to get another tune from Johnny Lightning. RWTD tunes are too conservative. I guess they want to be safe than sorry. The only thing good about RWTD is that the tunes are free.

Anyways, I had a blast. I made the most hp that day against a few mustangs, corvettes, el caminos, and a turbo v6 regal. I'll let you guys know when the next dyno session will be.

John

Good Job on representing us at PC's dyno day--- Nice numbers John!!!
RWTD tunes are free, BUT you'll wait forever.
Hope to see ya soon!!!!

Not bad at all! I'm impressed with both power #'s.

Tho, 9 rwhp and 6 rwtq is not what I consider conservative. If you're pegging your MAF there is a good chance you're leaning out up top (not to say you're aren't, but you didn't put your afr on the tune w/out the MAFia), which will generally raise power. You're already 11.9 to 12.0 on my tune, so we can't lean you out anymore safely, IMPO (in my professional opinion). However, we can increase spark to gain more power. You're in Hawaii, so your best pump octane is 92 there, so we have to be safe in regards to what ultimate spark you can run. If you are able to put in some higher octane to bring your total effective octane rating up to 93 to 94, then you can easily run 19 degrees total at peak load for rwhp, and definitely more in the low end and mid-range. Originally I told you 94 to 96 octane, so yes I do admit I was slightly conservative there, but your best interests are within my mind at all times.

Also, did you happen to log IAT1, IAT2, and ECT during the runs?

I'll look up your tune shortly and get you a new update, friend.

*Update: I made a post on your support thread. Please review it. Thanks!*

Sincerely...

Last edited:
04black said:
Good Job on representing us at PC's dyno day--- Nice numbers John!!!
RWTD tunes are free, BUT you'll wait forever.
Hope to see ya soon!!!!

tell me about it.....

I requested for the tunes back in February. Only now I received it. I wanted to use the tunes for the FSCS. But I guess the dyno session will do.

Paradise Cruisers will be running another dyno session on Dec 2nd. This time it will be at Naka'z. Price is 75bucks for 3 runs w/ A/F. There's a couple of slots left. Go to ParadiseCruisers.com if your'e interested. Hopefully I can dyno my truck w/ race gas this time around.

RWTD said:
Not bad at all! I'm impressed with both power #'s.

Tho, 9 rwhp and 6 rwtq is not what I consider conservative. If you're pegging your MAF there is a good chance you're leaning out up top (not to say you're aren't, but you didn't put your afr on the tune w/out the MAFia), which will generally raise power. You're already 11.9 to 12.0 on my tune, so we can't lean you out anymore safely, IMPO (in my professional opinion). However, we can increase spark to gain more power. You're in Hawaii, so your best pump octane is 92 there, so we have to be safe in regards to what ultimate spark you can run. If you are able to put in some higher octane to bring your total effective octane rating up to 93 to 94, then you can easily run 19 degrees total at peak load for rwhp, and definitely more in the low end and mid-range. Originally I told you 94 to 96 octane, so yes I do admit I was slightly conservative there, but your best interests are within my mind at all times.

Also, did you happen to log IAT1, IAT2, and ECT during the runs?

I'll look up your tune shortly and get you a new update, friend.

*Update: I made a post on your support thread. Please review it. Thanks!*

Sincerely...

Wish i had a tuner like them around here, genuinely interested. I AM Lovin it.

Saint

Hey John---ask Alan if he can get you a 5 gal of 102. Try Rons or at the McCully gas station where we used to go. Sometine ago I heard that there was another station in Waipahu that sold 100 oct off the pump. Good luck to ya.

Back