Dyno video.. updates..

This thread needs to be locked, it is becoming he said this, he said that....INTERNET argument.

Travis, whomever pm'd you stating Vince tuned my truck(which he did) and that it only runs 11's...doesn't know the whole story. I brought my truck to Vince two weeks before a pinks all out competition and said do what you can do. The truck didn't even idle when I brought it to him. I put him on major time constraints...with no appointment. Vince even took his personal weekend time to go to a local track with me and run a 10.9 with no spray. Vince and I both know my truck will run high 9's......but I have yet to get it back to him to work on........can't just say it will run a number and it runs it bro.

Bottom line.....LET HIM FINISH THE JOB BEFORE MAKING NEGATIVE POSTS!

I also think you should of called him and told him you decided to go another route, I guess he was surprised to read this information on a forum. These forums are becoming individuals personal diaries rather than sites of interest and information.

Last edited:
It is your choice to use who you want to tune your truck. You pay the bills. Your comments on here don't seem unfair at all. You had higher expectations.

Hope JL gets this sorted out and you can enjoy all your hard work. As for Vince? He gave every effort and was willing to do more if you let him. I guess that is all we can ask from a man/company. Hope his business remains strong.

Jim

Just close this thread.. please?

I'm not happy with what I recieved from Vince.. but, I guess it doesn't matter.

I'll bring it to JL, and get it done right..

Travis

The prices seem good, but if there was more time in this certain situation maybe it could have worked out better for both parties in the end. I respect both parties. I did mentioned I know/heard of several tuners that are having issues with the newer larger injectors, and that is how it has always been when a new product comes out. Someone has to be the guinea pig somewhere or else nothing ever will get figured out!!!! It also helps if everyone knows and speaks about exactly ALL the mods are before-hand, that may have been a little bit of the case here. I hope both parties the best. FFS

EDIT: Oops never even seen the entire second page before I posted, but I still the feel the same and wish both parties the best lol.

Aren't there injector values out(have been) for the new 80lbers? I have seen an old version and now the newer version..:headscratch: Sounds like maybe a little better communication was needed..

So Guys, I keep seeing references to 80# files when I swore I read He has 83#, I recall years ago many tuners saying they used 60# over 55#(or 5--whatever it was back then) because of ease of tuning, so ya think there could be enough difference between 80 & 83 that the 80# files don't work for an 83#??

For all those having so called "trouble" with the new Siemens Deka 80# injectors (that's what they flow approx. at 39.x psi, which is what Fords run on, but approx. 83/84# at 3-bar, which is 43.5 psi), I can assure you 100% they are as easy or easier to dial in than any other injector. Some of you are still guessing at what all the proper values are for them. It's very simple, and you can get those values right from Ford Racing's website here:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/ics/m-9593-lu80.pdf

To make it easy for the tuners who still just can't figure out how to properly decipher FRPP's data, I've attached a value file I made (in SCT format) that'll does all the work for you (I've tested the file, and it works on ALL Ford processors within SCT). This will apply ALL the proper values to ALL the fuel injector parameters.

It's up to you to dial in the MAF properly to get the steady state CL (Closed Loop) fueling and the WOT OL (Open Loop) fueling right. Idle tuning should ALWAYS come after you get the fueling dialed in properly via the MAF transfer. If you're attempting idle tuning *before* you get the fueling dialed in, you'll never get idle perfected (basically just keep chasing your tail in circles).

Last edited:
For all those having so called "trouble" with the new Siemens Deka 80# injectors (that's what they flow approx. at 39.x psi, which is what Fords run on, but approx. 83/84# at 3-bar, which is 43.5 psi), I can assure you 100% they are as easy or easier to dial in than any other injector. Some of you are still guessing at what all the proper values are for them. It's very simple, and you can get those values right from Ford Racing's website here:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/ics/m-9593-lu80.pdf

To make it easy for the tuners who still just can't figure out how to properly decipher FRPP's data, I've attached a value file I made (in SCT format) that'll does all the work for you (I've tested the file, and it works on ALL Ford processors within SCT). This will apply ALL the proper values to ALL the fuel injector parameters.

It's up to you to dial in the MAF properly to get the steady state CL (Closed Loop) fueling and the WOT OL (Open Loop) fueling right. Idle tuning should ALWAYS come after you get the fueling dialed in properly via the MAF transfer. If you're attempting idle tuning *before* you get the fueling dialed in, you'll never get idle perfected (basically just keep chasing your tail in circles).

This is the way that I was taught about tuning in general, but, I don't know anything about SCT's software..

Thanks for the help!

Travis

That value file is MUCH different than one posted within the PRP forums by another tuner. Hmmmm, I guess when the time comes for 80's I'll have lots of files to try.

All the BS aside, Travis - take some time to calm down a little, call and talk to the guy about letting him get you dialed in if he can, it'll only cost you a little more time at this point.

As I noted I already knew FRPP gives out all the injector statistics, but when I looked into it the other day and was playing around with one real quick like the FRPP stats didn't seem right. Guess I didn't play around long enough lol. FFS

Your making it to easy for people James, some times people need to learn :thumbup:

LMAO! ;)

That value file is MUCH different than one posted within the PRP forums by another tuner. Hmmmm, I guess when the time comes for 80's I'll have lots of files to try.

All the BS aside, Travis - take some time to calm down a little, call and talk to the guy about letting him get you dialed in if he can, it'll only cost you a little more time at this point.

Hey Bob! :buddies:

The only one that is correct is that actual value file, which I made directly from Ford Racing's calibration data file. It's very possible that one of two things happened within the one on the PRP forum:

1: They made it up on their own, which will never allow the injector to work 100% perfect, or
2: They were using the 1st version of the FRPP data that was initially posted on FRPP's site.

FRPP had an initial calibration set of data that was based on prototypes. The latest calibration (the one I linked everyone to, and the value file I made) is averaged data after testing several thousand units (yes, that's what I said, "several thousand).

Last edited:
Back