Dyno tune

no offense but if you want a dyno queen that you only take to the track than go to JDM. they are great but for a daily driver i would def consider JJ@WMS in maryland. he tunes on the street where there is alot more load on your truck than on a perfectly smooth dyno. i will put my truck up against anyone with the same mods as me and was tuned on a dyno. JJ knows what he is doing and is the BEST in customer service hands down. he answers the phone 99% of the time and it doesnt matter if it is 10pm he will help you out. JDM charges 150.00 for any upgrade in their tunes, JJ is free. I have dealt with JJ and JDM, i prefer JJ!

another vote for JLP. Definitely worth the drive!!! The drive is a BLAST too goin through those windy twisty scenic country roads :3g: Customer service is excellent, and pricing is very fair.

Dyno tuned street tune and running flawlessly. Never had my race tune done on the dyno, but ran 12.1 @ 112.48 in the 1/4 in my big ol' HD!

SVTLight....you have any track times? We've got pretty similar mod setups & dyno #'s.

another vote for JLP. Definitely worth the drive!!! The drive is a BLAST too goin through those windy twisty scenic country roads :3g: Customer service is excellent, and pricing is very fair.

Dyno tuned street tune and running flawlessly. Never had my race tune done on the dyno, but ran 12.1 @ 112.48 in the 1/4 in my big ol' HD!

SVTLight....you have any track times? We've got pretty similar mod setups & dyno #'s.

Yea you just have to watch out for horse ****.

no offense but if you want a dyno queen that you only take to the track than go to JDM. they are great but for a daily driver i would def consider JJ@WMS in maryland. he tunes on the street where there is alot more load on your truck than on a perfectly smooth dyno. i will put my truck up against anyone with the same mods as me and was tuned on a dyno. JJ knows what he is doing and is the BEST in customer service hands down. he answers the phone 99% of the time and it doesnt matter if it is 10pm he will help you out. JDM charges 150.00 for any upgrade in their tunes, JJ is free. I have dealt with JJ and JDM, i prefer JJ!

Good points, but all tuners should tune on a dyno to get close, and on the street to dial in. All three tuners you mention in this general area are plenty competant. Any can do what you need. My reccomendation is to call all three, discuss your plans and goals, then make your decision.
I am very happy with my JDM tune. Performance numbers in sig. But this is a STREET truck that is driven hundreds of miles to the tracks. My street manners are impeccable. Jim(JDM) spent a lot of time making sure the drivability is as good as the track performance. Get 17 MPG to boot!
Good luck with your choice.
Jim

Yea you just have to watch out for horse ****.

haha thats part of the slalom (sp?), goes right with carving corners around all the hills and turns! :3g:

Good points, but all tuners should tune on a dyno to get close, and on the street to dial in. All three tuners you mention in this general area are plenty competant. Any can do what you need. My reccomendation is to call all three, discuss your plans and goals, then make your decision.

Definitely the best advice. Talk to the various tuners, and get a feel for whoever you feel most comfortable doing business with. Even better, if you get a chance, try to come out to one of the track events and meet the different tuners in person.

and personally, I feel more comfortable having my tune setup on a dyno first under more controlled conditions than on the street. after JL did my tune we went out for a road test and everything still felt great, and rather than chancing it going WOT multiple times on some back streets trying to get a tune setup and worrying about other cars on the road or cops, etc., its right on the dyno under controlled conditions.

Yea man I am in the same predicament. Its time for some mods and a new tune. I am debating on who to go to as well.

i would do what CTTOPGUN said call each tuner in the area which are all great and all have great reps. discuss your plans with each and see who you like the most, go to their shops whatever
you have to figure out which one is the best for YOU not everyone else

JDM is 732-180-0770 732-462-6222
JJ is 410-259-8737
JLP-717-786-4670

Last edited by a moderator:
i would do what CTTOPGUN said call each tuner in the area which are all great and all have great reps. discuss your plans with each and see who you like the most, go to their shops whatever
you have to figure out which one is the best for YOU not everyone else

JDM is 732-180-0770 732-462-6222
JJ is 410-259-8737
JLP-717-786-4670

added jlp's number.

Harley whats you mods? u running to fast with u HD,congrats.

i agree with what everyone is saying. if you have been out to JJ you would see that there really isnt any other cars out on the road out there at all lol but i hear what your saying. and he doesnt just hop in a give it a few wot blasts and im tuned. he first checks everything over, puts it on his lift checks for oil leaks anything that can affect the driveability of the truck. checks every fluid in the vehicle and makes sure it is mechanically sound. than he puts one of his tunes in it for the mods i have and starts off with that. he data logs on his lap top the whole time. does a few half throttle pulls makes sure everything is great. than a few 3/4 throttle pulls and than 2 or 3 wot on the highway. So if you think about it he did about 10-20 pulls total at various speeds to make sure everything was PERFECT and he even takes you with him to explain and show you exactly what he is doing. i have heard, but NOT EXPERIENCED, that most tuners do maximum of 3 or 4 WOT pulls on the dyno and than check it on the street and say ok heres your truck we are done. And i think JDM charges for more pulls? Thats just a guess i am not positive so dont get annoyed with me thats just what i have heard :blink: . in total with my tune, which he gave me three, street-no spark retard-and race tunes and he changed my fuel filter to a navi one because the navi one i put in was too far on the lines and i would never have been able to change it at my house it came out to a littlr under 400. JDM told me 475 for a dyno tune with three pulls. I am just talking from my experience with JJ and this is my first L so i am sorry if i have confused or upset anyone. just my .02 and if you want to know your numbers he will take it down the road no extra charge and put it on a friends dyno that he does business with. but yes i would call all three and discuss everything with them and make your own decision.

Last edited:

i dont have any track times yet. i am waiting for some cash to get some slicks and skinnies and be able to afford race gas for my race tune. i am jobless at the second so i havent been able to get down there, i may go with HAMMER on thurs with just street tires and street tune and see what i can do, ill keep you updated.

yea bill you know you are coming
FF is coming and so are a few other delvallo guys

the more the better

maybe i'll let you make a pass on my slicks, how bout that?

Back