Dyno Day meeting place/ caravan

Frank5L

1.37 60' on Drag Radials
Ok guys, here's the info on the caravan/meeting place...

11/1/03: 6:00 AM Exit 127 from I40 (thats the 2nd Conway exit from LR), Just after you get off the freeway and get in the right turn lane there is an Exxon, and a hotel (I think a La-Quinta but I'm not going to swear to that, but Denny's is attached to it) all on the right side of the road so its easy to turn into. At this early in the morning, it should be very easy on/off for us. There is a good size parking lot at the La-Quinta that we can meet to caravan up.

Everybody PLEASE try to be there on time (even though I'm the one that is ALWAYS late) so we can get on up north. RAN says its a 2.5hr drive up, so if we mosey along pretty good, we can get there by about 9:00 pretty easily, have some time to cool our rigs off before strapping them down to the dyno.

This also gives us a little time to eat some breakfast if desired.

Ok whiners... ;Y ;Y ;Y

Nobody has it worse than me. Well maybe Greg (arkylightning) but I dont normally get out of bed until about 8:30 or so to be at work at 9:00.... :D

Chronic B i t c h e r s.......

Heck, 5 AM is late for me. Us military guys have to be up KILLIN
gun.gif
by then....

Bubba

Last edited:
Frank, this may save you a little time. The street you need to turn left onto off of 412 is Buttlerfield Coach Rd. which is located at a stop light with a small gas station. You will see that Friendship curves back around and this will save you a few minutes. I put the X where the shop is. If you have any questions or need me to meet you somewhere just let me know. I plan on being over there at 9am.

dynomap.bmp

that all looks familiar now. I thought there was a road we turned off of 412 onto first before turning onto friendship.

Hey Frank

Is this event going to be Lightnings only? I have a friend with an '01 Chebby Z-71 and we just installed a 8-9psi Procharger w/intercooler and Fuel Management Unit on his ride. I mentioned that I was going to the dyno tomorrow and was wondering if he could tag along and check his numbers as well. If it is a L only even he will understand but if we need someone else to make it cheaper on everyone he would like to come.

Also what is the name of this place with the dyno? And do they have a website I can check out? And is anyone bringing a video camera? I'd like to have some video to post on NLOC when we get back.

Bart

Last edited:
well we'll have some extra space. I meant for it to be a lightning only event, but now.... Lets see what everybody else's opinion is about it.

No they dont have a website.

I dont have a camera to bring but somebody probably will. Richard has one but he's not going to be able to hang out all day.

I'll see if i can borrow my brother's digital camera, it has a big @ss memory stick and you can shoot videos until you run outta memory.

I have a couple of camera's I'll bring to take still pics. One is digital and the other is a SLR film. I'll snap a bunch if someone wants to host them or I can post some of the better one's here.

I'll also bring the LM-1 wideband to test out.

If we need a person to fill a slot (if someone else is backing out), let the Cheby come.

RF

we still on for :bd: later? - will we have time?

I think it will be fine to have the chevy guy get harassed. If he puts down more power than everybody else, he has to pay for the whole day though! :D Actually if he puts down more power than even the stocker (Bubba) then I'll buy him a beer!

I just hope my trans pan comes in so i can change out my filter before tomorrow. Not that I'm scared I just wanna make sure that when my truck is on the dyno, i don't here VROOOOOOOOM BANG!!!!!

Aww, it'll get here... may be Monday, but it'll get here.

As for the trailer...:?

Back