Driving Lamp Lenses

Zap

Varmitmeister

A few years ago I found that the Volvo dealer had the driving lamp assemblies and lenses that were the exact units Ford used in the Gen 1s. He said they were standard Bosch units used on several European cars. I bought several replacement lenses from him. My old ones are so pitted, now, (the other one is broken right at the part number) I cannot read the Bosch part number from the lenses.
I looks like 1305621423 or 1305621429 the best I can make out. The whole units are still available from BAP/GEON but I don't want to buy the whole enchilada, just the lens.
Does anyone have a lens they can read the part number off of. It is on the lower right hand side if the lens.

If you need the fog light lense here's the part number. 999F1-AA003, it's a Nissan part number.

Here's a link to another thread that will give you some info about a place to order them from.

Post 5...http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php/172842-fog-light-help.html

Scott

---------- Post added 07-11-2012 at 01:23 AM ----------

And here's some pics of that part number......

7548469390_936f25c71b_b.jpg

7548469022_d239df1f3a_b.jpg

7548469686_d32eb9036c_b.jpg

Scott

If you search the Web with the Bosch p/n 1305354945, you can find them cheaper than by searching the *&#@% Nissan part number :)

Thanks, Guys

:tuThe part number that is on the Volvo piece that that I have shows is 0 305 555 002. the second line is 362 951 507 with pre-printed 951 in the center "X'd" out. All of this is different from Skritch's photos, but it is the same part!
I will run down the other leads you guys sent and report on what I found. BAP/GEON had one of the Volvo part numbers in stock here in town. I can't believe all of the different numbers the same part is under!

---------- Post added 07-11-2012 at 10:00 AM ----------

:help::tu Skritch
What is the part number on the lens of the unit you so graciously photoed for me?
The part number on the broken one I have is 1305621429 and nothing shows up on the web.(Alright there were a couple of sites, one is Japanese? and one in Russian)

Motorhead1024

I looked up the part number and it is the entire assembly, but they are available. I have several bodies, I need new lenses. Any help on the Nissan/Bosch cross-reference part number for the lens, only

Last edited:
Guys I read skritchs post which tells me, The lens only part number is 999F1-AA003 and is a Nissan part. It also gives me a site to go to that when I put the part number into their web site search I found the lens now cost $30.36 each.

The confusion maybe the fact that when skritch ordered his lens from the Nissan site they arrived at his home in a box marked Nissan. The pictures show exactly what came out of that box. So go to the site and order away.

Follow Up

:headscratch:I ran down several of the web sites that were listed in previous searches. The Amazon sites did not have the items in stock when I checked directly with them today.
The other part numbers appeared on the web, but most were in a foreign language.
I was able to buy the Volvo part number today from BAP/GEON for $30.00, but that was the only one they had. The store manager said that the warehouse should reorder the part since this was sold out of inventory, if it is still available.
He told me that he would try to contact the Bosch rep to see if the lenses were available separately and how much they would be in quantity.
I know that I would like to have 4-6 on hand; I don't know about you guys

I'm not trying to be difficult, but why would you want "on hand" 4-6 of something that are readily available?

I've never seen just the piece of glass sold separately on these style fog lights, and even if you could find such a thing, you'd be prying apart fog lights and gluing them back together, which I just don't get.

And the reason there are so many part numbers is because Bosch manufactures them and puts their part number on them (Bosch #1305354945) and then Ford, Nissan, Volvo and Porsche slap these same fog lights on their cars and trucks, add their own p/n, and add their own price mark-up which is why it's cheaper to buy this:

LENS REFLECTOR BOSCH 1305354945 | eBay

or this:

Toyota Parts | Honda Parts | BMW Parts - Import Parts Guy

than to buy Nissan, Volvo or Porsche part!

Best pricing yet Fred ! I haven't had a need to buy in many years. I have 3 on the shelf (we have 3 Gen 1's that are currently drivers). Many years ago the best deal was from Nissan as Ford wanted STUPID prices for the lense.

But just to finish up I snapped a pic of the box the lenses come in from Nissan so everybody can see.....

7554615800_59bc86bae5_b.jpg

Scott

Back