Drag Race at U.S. 41 This Sunday?

Sweet another stip within an hour of me!! Someone wanna come pick me up!! Now I got U.S 41 and IRP within throwing distance!!

------------------
Curt
'93 Red Lightning #4232
http://www.geocities.com/lightning_struck93/index.html
ff3254aa.jpg.thumb.jpg

Hey Bob. I think I saw some of you up there last Sunday! I saw 2 Lightnings at US41, but didn't get to see you guys run.

Brian

------------------
1995 Camaro Z28
13.6 @ 102.5 (near stock)
In search of a Lightning!

JAMIROBri

I was in the red Lightning, Joe was in the white one. We both were having serious problems hooking up without water to help heat the tires. My times ranged from the 12's to the 15's depending on which tires I was using. My best run of the day was a 12.93 @108.69 using my BFG DR's. I then let Joe borrow my DR's and he finally hit the 12's with a 12.98 @ 105+ (He had been ready to leave after only 3 runs using his street tires as it seemed non-productive to run with no traction). I was able to turn one run at 13.19 on my Goodyear F1's but for the most part they were like driving on grease. On some of my runs I actually had to shut down the truck because I was still spinning at half track and started losing control. It was still fun though. It looked like some of you F body guys were doing ok but I'm sure you had traction issues as well. Next time, come introduce yourself.

Lightning Bob

Those are some very impressive times! I wish I would have come up and introduced myself! I was in a white '95 Z28 with an SS hood and chrome 18" wheels. There was a lot of us there though so you probably didn't see me...

I was running so bad because I bought some rims (for my BFG drag radials) that wouldn't fit over the hubs (I was supposed to grind them down to fit and I totally forgot to do that before the track!), so my 60's were in the 2.5 range because I was racing on 275/35/18 tires. I would finally gain traction then I would break them lose again around half down the track. I can imagine how many problems you guys were having running in the 12's!

I don't have a Lightning but I would like to get one soon if the funds permit. Do you guys let non-Lightning guys ever hang out?
smile.gif
It is very hard to find the first gen trucks around here in excellent condition and low miles. I wish I could afford a second gen!

Brian

[This message has been edited by JAMIROBri (edited 03-09-2001).]

Back