Double Ouch!!

Zap

Varmitmeister
While sitting on IH 610 Loop, dead stopped in traffic,
West side of the Loop, North bound,in a mile long traffic back up an eighteen wheeler claimed he did not see the traffic jam!
From the rear impact you can see he was so far up that he missed the frame and rear bumper.
A Lightning will launch a Depp Compass into the stratosphere when a eighteen wheeler propelled Lightning hits it!
I have a broken:cr: back and a broken Lightning. I bought this new. It has less than 88,000 miles on it!.

I need some help, Gents! I must start driving my 1993 Lightning, when I am cleared to drive again, but the ride is waaaay too harsh for my current back situation. Does anyone know where I can get progressive rate springs for the '93 top soften the ride. I understand that standard F150 springs are too long. Eibach made some 343-474# under part number 3542.520 but are obsolete. I do not know what the factory static rate spring rate was so I don't know if these would be softer, if ii could find them ,
Thanks,

Zap

Attachments

• DSC04531.jpg
    DSC04531.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC04532.jpg
    DSC04532.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC04533.jpg
    DSC04533.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC04534.jpg
    DSC04534.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC04535.jpg
    DSC04535.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 30
Dam that sucks, I had a woman try to drive through the back of my DD ranger last year while I was stuck stopped in traffic also, but was just a Avalon not a big rig.

You can remove the lower spring or 2 in the rear spring pack and that will soften it up a fair bit. Search Jamie V spring trick for details.
You will loose some payload # and rear height though.
IMO when you do the front springs the truck will get bouncy from the extra movement of the softer front springs. Not sure I like it.
you could play with the air pressure a little (little less air press). that might help a tiny bit.
what tire/wheel combo are you running? more sidewall=softer ride.
Good luck on your search,

I'm not sure you will get where you need to be with the gen 1. My daily driver is a 90 F-150 short wide and it rides rougher than my 01 L did stock.

Dam that sucks, I had a woman try to drive through the back of my DD ranger last year while I was stuck stopped in traffic also, but was just a Avalon not a big rig.

You can remove the lower spring or 2 in the rear spring pack and that will soften it up a fair bit. Search Jamie V spring trick for details.
You will loose some payload # and rear height though.
IMO when you do the front springs the truck will get bouncy from the extra movement of the softer front springs. Not sure I like it.
you could play with the air pressure a little (little less air press). that might help a tiny bit.
what tire/wheel combo are you running? more sidewall=softer ride.
Good luck on your search,

I have stock wheels and Nittos. I don't member which L had which tires. I think my 01 had the 555s, but the '93 had the newer versions. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back