door panel help

Smoked93

Word em up
looking for something to clean the old grime off door panels. Also wondering if there is something to replace the thin cloth over the speakers on the doors? If steam cleaned what temp would be to hot?

Smoked,

Be just a tad more specific about which portions of the door panels you need to clean.

Based on your screen-name my assumption is that you've got a '93.

That being the case, are you needing to clean the hard plastic portions of the door panels or is it the fuzzy elbow cushion?

As for the speaker covers, that's not cloth. It's a plastic grate and is removable from the back side of the panel, if you're careful. With the removal of the panel and removal of the grate you can scrub the grate with soapy water and a stiff brush. If you don't want to remove the panel, use a microfiber cloth moistened with a plastic/vinyl cleaner like Vinylex. Don't get it wet so you get runs into the speaker, just keep it moist.

Actually, that microfiber/Vinylex thing works really good on the hard plactic door panel parts too.

I have found that he most effective cleaner for door panels that are really dirty is WD 40. It gets off most dirty / oily spots and leaves a decent sheen. For the carpet / fabric I have found the Chem Dry carpet and upholstery cleaner sold at Home Depot works darn good.

Sorry i guess it was two parts, yes the fuzzy elbow part has one spot that has some ink on it. The speaker grate I didnt know comes apart so I will takle that this week. can that fuz s**t be replaced if the ink dos'nt come out?

If they are really dirty and kinda stained, Simple green diluted 50/50 with water and a magic eraser works wonders, you would not believe the door panels on my Mustang unless I showed you the before/after. This is for vinyl and plastic only.

I use straight Bleachwhite tire cleaner on all my interior components including seat stains and carpets..... It works better than you would think, I even use it on badly stained exterior paint....

If they are really dirty and kinda stained, Simple Green diluted 50/50 with water and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders, you would not believe the door panels on my Mustang unless I showed you the before/after. This is for vinyl and plastic only.

This is by far the best combo I've ever used on interior plastic & vinyl - amazing! After cleaning & drying, I hit it with Meg's interior detailer and my 19-yr old interior looks new.

Mother's VLR with a microfiber (MF) towel will do wonders to a dash, trim or door panel. Go back over it with an applicator and it leaves a nice satin finish.

Meguiars #39 and Meguiars #40 are also good products at cleaning interior pieces.

James

The Cheap and Good Way!

Use CLEAR ammonia. to saturate the stain.
It stinks, but it works.
An old timer detailer showed me this trick. Use a Clean White cloth to scrub/wipe off or hit it with your little steamer. I use the one I have to clean up messes from my puppy with the Bissell solution in the tank. Just use clean, new water(I use RO or distilled water) and clean the unit from the puppy stuff before I use it on the truck and it works great with the CLEAR Ammonia. I leaves a nice sheen on the upholstery. I use this on the seats and the carpet, also.
If you have a stubborn grease spot on the carpet or cloth, use a small amount of Ronsonol or Zippo style lighter fluid to dissolve the grease followed immediately by a shot of laundry pre-treater, then the steamer. It has never failed me yet and my '93s interior looks like new!

Back