Door panel carpet

I am finally getting to replacing the carpet on my door panels. There are plenty of places that sell med opal material but I'm not sure what kind I should get. Is it like the floor carpet with the rubber backing or is it like speaker box carpet?

http://www.albrightssupply.com/ This is the site I was looking at. Im pretty sure I know which one your talking about, I just don't want to order the wrong crap. They can send samples but I'm impatient. I plan on buying enough to wrap my speaker box with it too so everything matches.

Check with Ron (bumperquip) - if he hasn't already done this, I'm sure he's at least researched it...

Ok so here's the verdict. I spoke with Ron and he referred me to a company that he had used in the past. I contacted them and they told me they dont offer an exact match. I would have to order samples and try to get it close. Well I went ahead and used the link above and ordered some med. Opal flex material. It looks great in my opinion. Its a little lighter than the material that I have on the door but im sure thats from being dirty. Even if its a little lighter than what its supposed to be I wont be staring at it with a color wheel. If it doesn't rain this weekend I will work on it.uploadfromtaptalk1392864028205.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392864045313.jpg

Ok so here's the verdict. I spoke with Ron and he referred me to a company that he had used in the past. I contacted them and they told me they dont offer an exact match. I would have to order samples and try to get it close. Well I went ahead and used the link above and ordered some med. Opal flex material. It looks great in my opinion. Its a little lighter than the material that I have on the door but im sure thats from being dirty. Even if its a little lighter than what its supposed to be I wont be staring at it with a color wheel. If it doesn't rain this weekend I will work on it.View attachment 31555View attachment 31556

That new material you have looks like steel wool

I didnt know what it was when I walked outside. I didnt think it would be in today. They must have over nighted it bc they are cool af.

Long screw goes in the upper, forward corner.
Short medium-thread screw with flanged head goes in the armrest.
Short wide-thread screws go to the mirror/window/lock switch block.
And I think all the screws along the bottom are same size/length.

And don't cheap out and try to reuse the old bent & mangled panel fasteners - new ones are cheap and readily available...

Thanks man, I replaced them all when I put the fat mat in the truck. I even went the extra mile and repainted the screws and put loctite. I dont want any panels rattling. uploadfromtaptalk1394913623621.jpg

Bumping an old thread I know, Do you just use spray glue to re attach the carpet on the door panel? Im going to be redoing my head liner in black suede and would like to replace the carpet on the door panel with suede as well. Going to dye the "leather" part black and refresh the gray with some SEM paint before the interior goes back in my truck.

I used the spray adhesive and it worked well, don't use the light duty type. I'm not sure how the leather would look on the door without padding underneath. I used padding on my console then wrapped it and I like the result.

Im going to be redoing my head liner in black suede and would like to replace the carpet on the door panel with suede as well. Going to dye the "leather" part black and refresh the gray with some SEM paint before the interior goes back in my truck.

picardrikerdoublefacepa.jpg

Back