did some work to the 94

9T4 SVT

Hey all,

How are the NVLOPE folks doing? Brian, isn't it about time we did a cruise or something?

Since the boss (wife) (I learned a long time ago the correct answer to her is always, YES DEAR!!!) has forbidden me from spending any more money on the Money Pit (the 2000), I've been doing a few things to the 94. She didn't say I couldn't spend any money on the 94.

I got some fuel pumps and other things from Struckby.

I decided last Friday that I would install these pumps. Dropping the tanks was not an option as I would have to had also dropped the exhaust (not even doing that). So the obvious choice is to get the bed off. That took just a tad longer than planned. Five of the bolts cmae out with no problem, a couple were a royal pain to get the socket on. The center bolt on drivers side decided to spin (square bolt hole is now a round bolt hole). Got a little creative with the spinning bolt, there happened to be an arch welder handy, so welded a nut to the top of the bolt, worked great. I figured that I could run by the local FOMOCO dealer and pick up a new one, HA!!!! Guess who no longer carries bed bolts for the Gen 1. I finally got one from the pirates at Ford, special order no less, but for the current trucks.

The new pumps (190's) are in (required a little bit of modification to get them to fit) and the truck has never ran so good. I also did something that this truck would never do before. I actually was able to just Light the tires up. It layed two of the pretttiest black marks ever, about 55 feet and when it shifted to second it layed another 20 or so feet. It did get a bit squarriley in the process. Also I got rid of my cross flow issue that I've had for years. The only power adder I have on this truck is a paxton SN2000.

The Money Pit (2000) is now putting out 513hp to the wheels. The son wants to take both trucks to Hagerstown, I said as long as he wants to buy the gas, sure.

Brian, let me know whats in the works for any type of get together....

Later, Ralph

It passed VA Emissions, Then a week later it started running really bad, surging, hestation, lack of power, etc. Threw two codes, P0171 and P0174. I've replaced the hose that goes to the rear of the lower intake (what a pain that was), the PCV valve, cleaned the MAF. Still throws the same codes and I haven't been able to find any other Vacuum leaks. Guess I'm going to have to have it towed to anassas Park. How have you been?

Not too bad Ralph. Just bought a new house off of Ridgefield Rd., by the PWC stadum. Need to save my pennies now. I maybe showing my 70 chevelle SS next week at Redskin Park. They're having a car show there next Sunday. Talk to you later. Let us know what happens with the L.

Back