DelValLO Summer Bash 2015

Jamie V

Date: Saturday July 25th
Time: 12:00 noon
Place: Kenny's House

Ok fellas Kenny & Kathy have opened their homes to us for our annual summer bash this year. This will be a hotdog & hamburger event this year to keep it simple and the cost down.

We're asking anyone who can bring something to post up what you can/will bring and we can try and make sure we get all the basis covered.

Paul the Stewart's Root Bear guy is going to be doing the cooking and I believe from what Kenny told me getting the hotdogs & hamburgers.

We're going to have a donation jar to try and recoup the cost of whatever we have to put out.

So let's post up and start a head count.

Plan on making it. Not sure on count yet. May bring my little guy with me.He's almost nine and starting to dig the trucks.

I can still make it and plan on being there.

Is this opened up to the whole L world? A post on LR would probably gather a few more trucks to make it out.

- - - Updated - - -

I can still make it and plan on being there.

Is this opened up to the whole L world? A post on LR would probably gather a few more trucks to make it out.

It looks like there isn't much interest at this point with the summer bash so were going to have to cancel the event. I know there has been a lot going on with everyone from the storms and with everyone working. If there is enough interest we can try and do it at a later date if you guys want. Not many guys come on NLOC anymore so if one of you guys that hang out on LR want to handle that side of it for a future date we can see if we can get more interest over there.

You should have posted it out on the general board and on LR before canceling it. Lots of Delvallo guys hang there not on here. Just look at how many show up at Vinnie's. No reason why those guys wouldn't show up for a Delvallo bash.

Jim, I'm only one guy and there are plenty of guys who are part of this club who "live" on LR..

I can't and I won't do this all. Those days are gone. I have a wife and 3 daughters 10 and under (and my grandmother) living with me. I just do t have the time.

This club has gone downhill because the same 5 guys who always did it all aren't able to do it anymore and no one else steps up.

You guys want a DelValLO summer bash your going to have to do the work and see what you can do.

Jim, I'm only one guy and there are plenty of guys who are part of this club who "live" on LR..

I can't and I won't do this all. Those days are gone. I have a wife and 3 daughters 10 and under (and my grandmother) living with me. I just do t have the time.

This club has gone downhill because the same 5 guys who always did it all aren't able to do it anymore and no one else steps up.

You guys want a DelValLO summer bash your going to have to do the work and see what you can do.
The same one guy started the post and it only takes a sec to copy and paste to multiple venues.. I did offer to help. :rolleyes: What ever. See ya at Vinnies.

Well I don't quite get the reasoning.....not enough interest, but too much work to hold for a smaller party? Wouldn't a bigger party have been even more work? At this point nobody's expecting the pig roasts, huge buffet platters, chairs, tents, door prizes, and rallies of yesteryear bashes. An "organized" excuse just to hang out for an afternoon is all most of us need, keep it simple. Everyone bring their own chairs, bring a pop up tent or plan to roast, Stewarts is there for the food/drinks so bring a few bucks, how much more really is there if it's kept simple? No biggie if Ken had things come up and can't host it, such is life, it's understandable in that regards, but the hard part of the place and food seemed like it was done. Don't quite get the low interest, yet not spreading the word, as reason, but whatever, it is what it is.

I asked if this was opened to anyone before I just copied and pasted it on LR opening it up to the world and never got an answer. Didn't know how big of a thing Ken wanted to host, and simply asked out of courtesy before posting it on a forum he's not even a part of if he wanted to keep it on the smaller size and with familiar faces, instead of potentially huge and lots of strangers at his place.

Oh well, sucks it's cancelled. The DelValLO bashes used to be the highlight of the summer. On the bright side, Vinnie is having a GTG at his house on the 22nd that's opened up to the L world. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Back