December 2010 TOTM-Congratulations to Jennifer "95devilfairy" Oakman! (NLOC#2670)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

December 2010 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Jennifer (95devilfairy) Oakman ! (NLOC #2670)

This month’s truck resides in Washington State, the Evergreen State. This one claims Federal Way as it’s home and is part of a rather large Lightning family sharing space with a red ’94 turbo truck and a ’94 Full Effect SuperCab conversion ! Since her “hubby” became somewhat resistant to Jennifer driving “his” truck she insisted she get her own Lightning. That’s just what happened and she picked a 1995 black truck. Naturally, being an NLOC member it’s hard, real hard to just drive it. This one has received its share of “goodies” and of course there are more planned. It’s just not enough to drive’em, hotrodders, man or woman, want to continually improve’em !!

Read on to learn of Jennifer and her truck then join in the congratulations to Jennifer !

5222885731_d133a0c345_b.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

My hubby. He wouldn't let me drive his anymore so we went out and got this one for me !

2. Do you have any interesting stories about owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

I drove around a 1992 Acura Vigor. I liked driving it around. Sold it and now my daily driver is a 1994 Taurus SHO. I LOVE driving it !

5222885491_7acfdf2769_b.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

Wow, we have done quite a bit. New Flex-a-lite fan, moved and replaced the over flow/washer bottle with an older smaller version, swapped/painted engine, painted engine bay, Bassani headers and cats, smoothy bumper, Snugtop lid, roller cam, new trick flow valve spring kit, Cobra 1.7 rockers, new valve covers, Belltech beams in front and DJM rear hanger kit with C notch.

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

This year has been pretty awesome for my truck. I got Best of SVT Lightning in a car/truck show at Griots. At LightningFest 7 I got 3rd in the Mild Gen 1s.

5223482962_e1c2c3b798_b.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

I have a wonderful family that I am sure A LOT of you have met. Corey (hubby)(my94lightning) and James (son). We do a lot of things together. Taking our quads to the Oregon dunes, Lightnings, slot car racing, playing in the yard with our dirt bike. Boys go out quite often on their dirt bikes. I like watching football, read a good book, listen to music and go to concerts. I work at Boeing as a mechanic. I work on the 737 line in Renton Washington. I love my job and enjoy the people I work with !

5223483042_d666a1e529_b.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I have been a user for just over 2 years now. I became a member when I actually owned a truck. Yup I now have the Lightning illness ! I chose to become a member to pitch in on the money that it takes to run this site.

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

Nothing to complain about. Well, other then I can’t talk with giddyup on the live chat room. But thats it.

5222885819_c84fc09d91_b.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

My hubby helped me out. He said I was the devil and I like fairies so I put them together. I am sure you all know why I have 95 there !

5222885445_d48d6cb41c_b.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

Going to get my wheels that I want. Finish my exhaust system, a new stereo that will play my ipod, one day I hope to paint the whole truck. Maybe one day put a blower on it. Who knows.

5222885619_2f5c68125a_b.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

BOY!!!!!! This is going to be a LONG list.
I want to thank my husband and son for putting in the hours and hours and hours and hours into my truck. You both have been such Lightning angels. Geoff Steck (family friend) our body and paint man! Geoff you did an amazing job. THANKS BUDDY!
I want to thank ALL of WASHLO. You guys helped me out by keeping me in this. Thanks!
Jeff (e9tac), I don't know if your reading this but you're the guy that made me want this BLACK truck. Thanks Scott (Skritch) and Jean (Grade8), Rob (giddyup) and wife Patsy, Bobby (Blueovalforever), Steve (Superglide). This list can go on and on.. So to all that have supported me and helped me out. THANKS!

5223483130_ce909eb8d3_b.jpg

Congratulations to Jennifer and her 1995 Black Ford Lightning for Truck of the Month, December 2010 !

Last edited:
I really Like the overall look of the whole truck, yes I am partial. but its just got the "right" look. :cool:

FYI, She also drove it 4000 miles to L-fest 7 and back.

Big Congrats Jen!!! All your efforts in that truck shows. :eek:ldtu:

Way to represent the best state! Congrats, love your Lightning. Would love to see it in person some time.

Last edited:
Good Job!! You go Girlfriend!!! :thumbup:

Truck is looking badazz as always!!

We will take the cooler racing world record next year!!!:D

Welcome to the TOTM and congrats,nice looking truck.Gotta like those Taurus SHO's I had a 95 crimson red one 5 speed fun cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back