Dead cylinder

Kid Lat

My 01 L just had it S/C replaced under warranty, and I installed a 6 lb lower, flip chip, K&N cold air, boost bypass. I got some preignition knock at high speed, WOT. I backed off, but got it again after installing the K&N. After a road trip of three hours on the interstate, I pulled up to the first stop, and felt a strong vibration. No. 4 plug was badly burned and missing part of the ground electrode. It looked like it was melted, not broken off. Compression test shows 80 lbs instead of 140. Got a lean bank code, CEL, CEL now out.
Still under extended warranty, going to the dealer tomorrow. Any advice? Suggestions? (stock pulley is back on, chip removed)
Dealer states if spark plug caused damage, it will not be covered.
Many thanks, Kid Lat

:stupid:
I's no wonder why Ford voids our warranties so quickly. You mod the crap out of your truck, Then break it, Then return it to stock and expect to pull one over on Ford. You caused it to break, Why should ford be expected to fix it?

:mad: :sigh: :cuss: :BH: :wallbash: :zapp: :ae: :bm: :argue: :stretcher :hh: :no: :chair: :stupidpc: :nono: :bash: :angry: :banghead:

Whoa, hold on a minute. I'm not sure I caused it at all. The preignition showed up after the blower was changed. I did not thrash the truck. If it's covered, it's covered and if it's not, it's not. I just don't want to give them a reason to say the warranty is void, without checking out the cause of the problem.

Back