Dart SHP block motor mounts

lightn95

Anyone who is using a Dart SHP, what motor mounts are you using to keep the motor in the stock location? I know the Jeff's grave yard mounts moves the motor a little. I need to keep it in the stock location.

No, Autofab replaces the horn mount on the frame as well as the part on the motor.

The bronco graveyard mounts go in the factory frame horn.

I’m not sure what kind of clearancing you will have to do with the part that bolts to the block though.

a875eafb1b80dd98ecdb293a819c1d7b.jpg

This is what they look like straight out of the box.
I should have my new SHP block in a few weeks. I’ll let you know about fitment to the new block.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You went with a ZSR long block too right? Mine will be here in April so I'm gathering parts now.

I don't mind going with the AutoFabs but I'm not.thrilled with possibly having to cut them to much to make them fit. And then they're scrap...

I thought Brian had to cut and modify his before he went crown Vic. That was or fitment not for an aftermarket block though.I cut my 73-79 bbf autofab mount only bc it located my motor about 1.5” forward of now it was previously with sbf perches and bbf swap mounts. Otherwise they’ve been great

I'm quite late to this party, but I'll give my feedback anyway.

The JBG mounts move the motor as you all know. My issue with them was that I had to remove an unbelievable amount to material on the to get them to fit the SHP block.

The Autofab mounts only required minor modification and keep the motor in the stock location. Once you get the rivets removed (which is not too bad with the right tools...but hell with the wrong tools), the autofab mounts were smooth sailing and worth every penny.

Back