Custom exhaust questions for my lil hotrod Bronco, possible future pre-runner.....

Hi, been looking at your offerings and reading about your work in here for a little while now so I thought you'd likely be the best one to hit up for this.

Quite a few things to touch on here, so bare with me.

Currently, I have cheesy 1 5/8" MAC equal length shorties into a non mandrel 2 1/2" dual system into Flowmaster 40's exiting before each wheel.

I need / want to redo this system for various reasons.

First, I think I'm going to try to run a variation of your XLerator System.

I'm thinking do to my budget that initially I'll keep useing my current shortie headers and just get the cheaper aluminized Bassani Lightning offroad headpipe which will match up fairly well to the current headers, keep me dual, and offer the mandrel bends. Aluminized only do to cost, I thought I spotted that for just over $200 somewhere.

Then, I'll get the longer of the Flopro Twister mufflers PN 41755, then the XLerator muffler, and possibly try to use your systems dual tail pipe outlets ahead of the pass rr wheel.

So, my initial questions pertain to the above. What would you think the possible or likely effect on the sound would be by still having shortie headers, and useing the Bassani headpipe with its own X crossover and then having the XLerator muffler functioning as a crossover as well????

Any thoughts there?

Also, can you help me on prices of any of the above needed parts?

Now, for the hopefully near future. Hopeing for before the end of summer leads to my next questions.

On headers:

What I will be needing are some 1 3/4" long tube headers for my Bronco. However, I need the drivers side to have the collector part of the header routed over to the passenger side. Much like some 460 F-series headers I've spotted on occasion. Routeing right behind the oilpan sump but in front of the trans.

Ideally, I would actually want to start with headers that have the wider head bolt spacing. I believe its the Dart heads that have the same dual bolt pattern that my Topline heads have. Interest in that is for easier bolt access and ease of exhaust port mods in the future if needed.

The Topline heads are also high port heads with the exhaust being a touch higher than stock. 1/4" to 3/8".

Since the header mods to the drivers side could essentially be mocked up or even likely just eyeballed on a 2 wheel drive do you think this is something you could or would be willing to do. I'm not even sure I'd need em coated since I'm on such a tight budget.

Again, thoughts, priceing, any input or help appreciated.

The truck is currently at 357"s and I intend to either supercharge, turbo charge and or swap to a stroker short block as funds allow. Truck will slowly be heading in the direction of a desert pre-runner, but also still serve daily driver duty (on occasion) and honestly even possibly towing of dirtbikes/atvs so. Like many, a wide range of uses still likely out of this rig.

Thanks, I look forward to your input / help.

Laurence

Hello,

I think it is going to be a pretty tight fit to get two Twisters and XLerator muffler in the there and have the exit in front of the tire on a 105" wheel base Bronco... I dont even know if my muffler tail pipe unit will into the Bronco chassis? As for the headers, What your asking for is a custom one off set of headers and exhaust and I don't have anything to use to figure it out... What your going to have to do is find someone local to you that can make a custom set of headers like you want and use your truck to make the set... However the going rate for this type of job is about $800-$1000. and probably another $250-$300. for ceramic coating or stainless steel... If you want the header and exhaust routed between the oil pan and trans you would be better off with a set of shortys for the money...

I sell the XLerator muffler for $95 and the twisters for $45. each if you would like to buy the mufflers and then have someone adapt them into your exhaust plans...

The X muffler would work and sound fine with the bassani X pipe and shorty headers...

Dave

Last edited:
Sounds good Dave, I'll likely be hitting you up for the mufflers here real soon then.

On the custom headers. I figured the wider head bolt spacing would push it to a full custom job, but I guess I was kinda hopeing on the re-routeing of the collector on the drivers side that you might be able to look at a set on your truck and basically sight over to the sump / trans and see fairly closely where it would need to point. Guess I'm just making it seem simpler in my mind in the hopes (wishful thinking).

Thanks Dave, and I'll definetly be in touch.

So, on the one question of the X crossover on the Bassani L headpipe combined with the XLerator muffler.........any ideas with your experience what that could do to the sound?

I realize, lots of variables.

Thanks again, be in touch.

Laurence

Hey, also...............what kind of price could you get me into the Bassani offroad headpipe for?

Do you carry those?

Don't have the PN in front of me, but have it saved.

Using a Bassani X pipe and the Xlerator muffler sould make for a very smooth tuned type sound since the dual exhaust will be very equalized...

Sorry, I don't sell Bassani parts...

Back