Cruise day - Laurel MD

Brian Baskin

Rikutsu-poi
OK, things have dropped off a bit lately, but I can't say that I haven't been partially to blame (and my surgery ;)) A lot of guys are heading up track days, and rentals. But, I think it's time again for just a good old loungin/cruise day. Laurel, MD seems to be a halfway point for most guys in there. Condor Legion has mentioned that the Tastee-Freeze on Rt 1 holds many classic cars and hot rods on Friday nights, and sounds like a good place for LOOM guys to get together, and also show off our trucks to others. Sometime in the next few weeks.

What are your thoughts, ideas? Bruce and I would like to see more casual, frequent meets. And hitting up a parking lot/diner isn't going to put as much strain on a budget, as compared to a track day, etc :)

I actually was thinking the same thing, I mean it is a club. The track is always good , but its always good to meet up again, even if it is just for dinner. I would rather hang out with a bunch of Lightning owners than just drive up and down Ritchie HWY. Even though it does give me time to eat up some ricers :D

YES...YES...YES...Definitely count on me. As much as I like the drags my L will never be raced on the strip. I'll go to almost any show/cruise/etc. Please do this - I'll be there.

When and what time????

I'm in :tu: What time and what date?? I say as soon as this cold weather breaks.;t The sooner the better.

Bruce

heh, I never really have an idea of what my miles are at what time ... but I'm at 183,750 now :)

It'll be a friday night, waiting to hear back from CL (unless he posts here first) about what a good time will be.

Hey Huff...

Believe me, as soon as Brian gets that new motor in his truck I'm quite sure he'll be posting about how many miles he put on the old one.:D

Friday night sounds good to me, just let me know what time and if you could please post some directions.:tu:

Later...
Bruce

Sounds good!

A cruise is always nice too... Racing can get very expensive as well...

I'm really looking forward to some nicer weather for these sorts of things... There should be plenty of shows/cruises coming in the next few months... There is the OC cruise, Carlisle events, The anual show at Ft. Smallwood, The shows at the Big M drive-in in Bel Air... All sorts of things! I have never been down to Laruel for a cruise/show, but I have heard that there are some nice cars in that area.

I'm in!:tu:

How does next Friday, the 29th, sound? Is that too short notice for everyone? It'll be in early evening, after 6PM or so.

It's supposed to be the best day for awhile. 57 high, 42 low, and no rain (which means that Bruce can actually come out, he and JJ are scared of water :))

Last edited:
spanky777will said:
sorry guys. If you go on the 29th i will not be able to go. I am going down to North Carolina to visit my sister and am leaving friday at 5:00 and won't be back til monday. Have fun!!!

So you couldn't even make it on the 30th, then :D

Whoa, you guys are getting a little ahead of yerselves here...

Heres the straight poop on Laurels Tastee-Freeze hotrod gathering...

Every Friday evening that the weather is good, there are hotrods parked behind the Tastee-Freeze. The reason for the weather issue is that a lot of these guys don't have mundane things like windshield wipers...

They've been meeting like this for over 30 years...

It's at Route 1 southbound side between Route 198 and the old Laurel Mall.

The 29th is good for a pre-season scrimmage for us. In that not everybody need show up that first time. We can set a longer term date for a full scale Lightning invasion later on...

Everybody got that? Rain, no go. Saturday, no go...Everything else Friday evening related, go.

oh yeah...I don't get off of work until 6pm, so I can't be there before 6:05pm...

BIKERS LIKE LIGHTNINGS,
CL

It would be easier to meet up there... although it would be nice to meet up early and drive in together. I just don't know any places in that area to do such.

So then it's Friday around 6:00

Then it's settled Friday around 6:00 I'll be late, but I will be there.
Hope to see most there. Hey Brian how goes the shirts;)???
Later...
Bruce

Yeah I will be there also. Brian maybe we could meet up and follow like last time? If not maybe you could give me an idea of where it is .

Later Wayne:tu:

Back