Coming To Hawaii

Fade 2 Black said:
Thanks for the info Stew, I'm always up for a good burger.

:clinkmugs

NP Fade just go in and get Teddy's Biggest....and don't forget to wash it down with one of their famous shakes!!

What can you recommend around Lahaina? We're looking for something along the lines of the Westin (they are already booked for the weekend) a name, link or whatever would be great. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Fade 2 Black said:
What can you recommend around Lahaina? We're looking for something along the lines of the Westin (they are already booked for the weekend) a name, link or whatever would be great. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

My favorite in the Lahaina area is the Hyatt Maui. It is a little more expensive than the Westin but worth it IMHO.
Also the best luau on Maui is at the Hyatt. If you are interested in the Hyatt, you will find many good deals on rooms there on the net (just search for hyatt maui). I wouldn't book direct with the hyatt as they don't seem to offer any good deals.

I booked a room at the Sheraton, mountain view blah blah blah. We are staying at the Grand Champion Villas for the first of that week 17th-21st and then going to the Sheraton the 21st-24th. We are staying on Oahu from the 13th to the 17th, probably at the Holiday Inn.

Both Maui choices are excellent.

Grand Champions is only a few miles from your wedding site and on one of the best golf courses if golf interests you.

I stayed at the Sheraton on my first trip to Maui and was very happy with the choice. Black rock (a large outcrop of lava that creates a small bay at the Sheraton) used to be one of the best snorkel spots on the island. They remodeled the Sheraton several years ago and I heard the fish left the area during the remodel but I believe all is better now.. Mountain view is fine. I never cared about the view from the room as I wasn't there much anyway.

It's getting closer and we're both way past ready to go!! I have yet another question though. After our ceremony on Maui at Makena Cove, we'll be headed off for dinner and I'd like some suggestions on where the Good Eats are please. The hotel has recommended the following but I'd like recommendations from the locals as well.

Nick's Fishmarket (Fairmont Kea Lani) : they feature a wonderful seafood menu and have a private dining room available for about 20 to 30 pax . Wonderful atmosphere and great services. No additional fee for the dining room but do not see the ocean.

Spago (Four Season): they feature Wolfgang Puck's menu with local ingredients and has a wonderful ocean view from lanai. Can make both just a reservation, if number of guest is small, or special accommodation for private dining room or lanai. Special Dining Room is $5000 and Lanai is $4000, both with a food and beverage minimum in the amount. Very elegant

Ferraro (Four Season): they feature italian menu and closer to the ocean. Al Fresco feel and romantic classical music in the background. They are limited in seating area and for large number of 20 pax, will be in the back in the piazza section, overlooking the fountain. If up to 10 pax, maybe able to break up to two table and be closer to the front.

Seawatch (Wailea Gold and Emerald Course): features a variety of cuisine and have a wonderful panoramic view of the ocean from the golf course. Has a bit of a country club feel but he food is wonderful. Have regular and set menu as well.

Capische? (Diamond Resort): VERY ROMANTIC!! has a wonderful and great selection of italian cuisine but would not necessary recommend for large number of people. If just the two of you and close family for a total of 6 to 8 pax, then easily make a comfortable reservation.

Sarento's on the Beach (Kihei): They have a great italian/ seafood menu and right near the ocean. They do not have a private dining room, but they feature a separated area in the back, where you can still see the ocean but not in the front portion. Great for small family and can request for front row seating.

Thanks again for the help.

Mahalo!!

Is the dinner for just you and your new wife or is there a wedding party also? I've eaten at every restaurant in the Kihei-Wailea area but number of people is a consideration before making a recommendation.

It's getting closer guys, we're leaving Wednesday for Hawaii. Any last minute recommendations are appreciated. Thanks again for all the help and advice.

Make sure you have a lot of sunscreen. Because it's been hot and sunny lately. And if you see a dropped '03L w/ Chrome and Blue flame tint, that would be me.

/John

We're also going to rent a car while on Maui. Does anyone have the hook up on a great deal? Just looking for a midsize car, nothing special.

:clinkmugs

Ok I'm heading to the airport. We should be on Oahu by 7:30 your time. If anyone wants to ring me up my cell # 404-528-4160.

We're at the Oahu airport preparing to leave for Maui. I talked to Dirtchiken on Friday but we've been very busy so I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone else. Hopefully I'll have some free time in the next few days to try and meet up with some of you. We're having a great time of course and still have a week to go!! Mahalo!

Bob & Jen

Back