Colored Tailgate Handle Installed

SpoonDogSVT

Driver of "Elle"
attatchment not working, it's a server problem

It's quite a good match, but not out-of-the-box perfect. I think the only problem is that I need to get a coat of wax on the handle to match the rest of the tailgate.

There is some fitment issues with the hardware used to put the handle back together, but I should be able to deal with those this weekend.

Overall a good piece. But like the "ricer" fuel door, I'm not sure if I like it on my truck... what do you guys think?

I'll post a few more photos on my web site in a bit.

Last edited:
let's try this again...

It is a Ford part, but in order to paint it they had to remove the OEM hinge pins, which look like really long pop rivets. When they put it back together they used a threaded bolt and nut.

Problem is that there is a clearance issue with the bolt/nut ends and the mounting bracket inside the tailgate. When I would tighten the new handle to the tailgate, the handle part (where you grab to open the tailgate) would not sit flush with the rest of the tailgate.

I partially fixed this by swapping which end the nut was on, but it's not quite good enough. I plan to fix it this weekend by either finding a better bolt (lower profile head), or grinding down the head on this one.

More photos after this weekend when I tweak and wax this thing.

If the attachment doesn't work, it's a server problem... check out this link.

Last edited:
Back