Cleaning ac bracket

Hey guys i got a saginaw setup for my truck and was wondering what the best way to clean the bracket was. I got all the grease and grime off but it still is all spotty and oxidized. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Patrick

To be completely honest, the best way to get all of your brackets and hard parts looking good again is to remove them, degrease them, prep them and paint them.

Thats what i was afraid of, i can see how this is going to go. What started out as a p/s pump swap is going to turn into a whole underhood resto. Might as well just yank the motor now :) Patrick

Redbolt do you have any pics? I thought about that but was worried they would just look like crap again as soon as they got anything on them. Also kicked the idea of using corncob shells instead of sand to clean and lightly polish them. I dunno might get the eastwood powdercoat gun and do it up right. Patrick

Thats what i was afraid of, i can see how this is going to go. What started out as a p/s pump swap is going to turn into a whole underhood resto. Might as well just yank the motor now :) Patrick

Right on Bro...

I went into mine 2.5 years ago to change out some plug wires and replace a headlight bulb... here's how mine ended up.

0704091.jpg

Redbolt do you have any pics? I thought about that but was worried they would just look like crap again as soon as they got anything on them. Also kicked the idea of using corncob shells instead of sand to clean and lightly polish them. I dunno might get the eastwood powdercoat gun and do it up right. Patrick

They were blasted with lower pressure than you would use to blast a rusty steel part. They will look like crap as soon as something gets on them, I'm thinking about having them powder coated right now I have them warped in plastic bags I haven't even handled them without gloves . I'll get you some pics this weekend.

Well i made up my mind. The bracket is not going on for a few months untill we get back from our Italy trip. Then the motor is coming out, getting painted, gaskets, going to powder coat everything i can and get under the hood looking new again.

Well I cheated I didnt remove the pump. but yours looks nice Bumper
I use a degreaser (LPS GRD gel degreaser good stuff and water based.) A little self etching primer and some Black engine paint.

Where did you get those pulleys? They look great, just like everything else on your truck.

The alternator pulley, tensioner pulley, idler pulley and power steering pump pulley are from Wazee's Pulleys [ Wazee's Pulleys Inc Homepage - Wazee's Pulleys & Auto Parts Inc. ]

The AC compressor, water pump and crank pulleys are the OE units that I brushed and clear coated.

Not shown is a smog pump delete pulley I got from UPR. [ UPR Products | Mustang Parts & Performance | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Billet | Mustang Cold Air Intakes | Mustang Exhaust ] The smog delete's pulley wheel itself matches the idler and tensioner perfectly.

... and thank you for the kind words. It was a lot of work but well worth it.

Well that confirms my thought the 5.0 stang smog delete pulley will work on our trucks. i looked at the one on my stang and by looks figured it would now i know fo sure and Ill be getting it on order in time for the reassembly.

I do like those pulleys as well

Back