Chip ordered..

RedVoodoo

PSP called me back today and before you know it I was giving them a credit card number. Should have a single program chip show up some time in the next couple of weeks. Driving with the
2# pulley is fun but I am anxious to see what the chip does for it. I've sure noticed alot more blower noise without the pulley cage on there. Sounds like a coffee grinder at idle but sure does make the boost quick. I asked for a mild street program so fuel quality/ transmission mods are not an issue. ( At least right away!) I think there is some drag racing in our not too distant
future! Stay tuned..

Hmm, maybe it's just the reds...

I get the same type of noise as well. It was a lot louder when I had the Airaid installed (interested in swapping for an Airaid?), because I could hear the noise coming out of the filter. Installing the PSP intake has helped, but the noise is still there. I usually hear it after a decently long trip, and I have it sit in Park while I get the mail.

Only things I can guess is this is either 'normal' because we're making the supercharger 'eat' its non-boosted air more becaus of the pulley, or we're hearing the supercharger vanes rattle against each other because they've lost their coating.

I dunno, but it doesn't seem to have hurt anything, it's more just annoying...

Only things I can guess is this is either 'normal' because we're making the supercharger 'eat' its non-boosted air more because of the pulley,
Pretty good Spoonie. =)

Two things cause the noise.

1) Blower Cavitation, which is pretty much what Spoonie described and 2) The new lower pulley does not have the same rubber insulation for vibration dampening like the stock one does.

BTW, Silver-Bolt did some back-to-back dyno runs today testing the 00 PSP and 00 JDM street chips. I'll let him post the results. =)

You know the funny thing is the more I drive it the less I care.
Lets see the numbers Bill! I've got to have something to shoot for!

Wrong correction factor. 1.062 instead of the 1.006

The CF can change between runs. I've never seen one change that much. Strange stuff. It puzzles me that they didn't use SAE or STD in the first place. The SuperFlow was more than capable in doing that. In fact, it was too capable. I also didn't like how they were reading IAT and using it in the CF. That's the first time I've seen that. Too much control in the hands of people that were not properly trained.

I like how he kept going in back and asking questions. Reminded me of the young salesperson asking his manager in back the answers to customer’s questions. =)

Still looking for a Dynojet in the area . . . =/

Back