Check engine codes

Supply is fine going to the solenoid. I hooked up just the supply and put my finger over where the green would go and there was no vacuum.

Ok so I purchased a distributor from a fellow member here and swapped out the evr solenoid. So far no codes and it feels like there is more pep... I'm thankful for the help everyone has provided. With that being said I noticed something else while I was digging around under the hood. The fuel regulator is making a ticking noise and feel. Excuse my ignorance but is it supposed to do that? Also I've had an issue starting up where when I crank the motor it will hesitate and sound rough. Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly but if it will help I can shoot a video tomorrow.

I've never heard one tick before, but fuel regulators do go bad, and it could be the reason you're not getting enough fuel during startup.

If you have access to a fuel pressure gauge, check your fuel pressure from both tanks. Should be 35-45 psi at key-on and 30-45 with engine running.

Glad you got the other issues fixed!

I deleted my front tank, got tired of the cross flow issue and I only put about a hundred miles on it a month so most of the time it was empty. Do you have instructions on how to do this procedure? I have an aeromotive regulator with a gauge mounted on it but I doubt I could use it on the stock setup.

You need a shop-style fuel pressure test gauge with a fitting for a Ford fuel rail. They're not that expensive and are handy for testing & troubleshooting. Or find an auto parts store that rents test equipment. All you do is connect the gauge to the Schrader valve on the driver side fuel rail.

Back