Centerville Nov 22nd

Zak Attack

Any one up for a trip to the drag strip.

Hopefully I dont blow anything up and it all turns out good. 10.2's here I come.

I am scared to drag mine---damn thing is making some crazy tapping when I start it up. I dont think its the engine because the sound is closer to the tranny. I can really hear it when I let off the gas and coast. I am trying to baby it till I can get it into a shop.

Which brings me to another question, wheres a good shop, something other than a dealer, or is the dealer the best way to go?

thx
rog

Can neither be a good answer.

Polk Performance is a good dyno shop. I dont know if I would let them tune my truck since they are import guys, but David Polk is a great guy.
Mann Performance is a good machine shop.

Welcome to Arkansas. Thats how it is around here. If you want we can meet up one day, friday night we should be out roaming around, if you want to meet then I think there is a guy that may have an idea what it could be. It may just be the exhaust, i have a small pinhole leak that I hear when I start it up.

the tapping sounds more mechanical, so I dont think that it is an exhaust leak, which would be great if it was (meaning not mechanical).

I have been checking around and have you heard anything about Arkansas Engine and Automotive?? I think its in Byrant. I got the number off the rear window of the blue lightning that sits out from of the Kmart on Rodney Parham. Not the best advertisment place, but I figure maybe the shop has worked on his truck since hes advertising for them.

:eek:ldtu:you can feel confident in taking your truck to David Polk @ Polk performance,granted he works on imports,but has worked on LIGHTNINGS before.He is located in Alexander.You can even say I sent you there,my name is Hank,I own an 02 HD supercrew...David is a good wrench and an honest person...Hell I'll even go with you if you want,I live in Benton..anytime just let me know PM me if you are interested.Or call 501-8402044

Are you the guy with the Black and silver HD with the bolt over grill? 4 or 6lb lower or something along those lines that I always see at shows?

Back