Cascade SCC PIR "OnTrack" ???

Well, we're running tomorrow for sure and the forecast isn't cooperating. I'm definately not pushing anything in the wet tomorrow, especially since I got lucky number 13 for the window (group 1).

I think I saw your truck, granny, but I couldn't make you out. I guess we'll meet up tomorrow.

Wish us luck, prayer, etc. I just want to come home without incident tomorrow. And if that means taking off early, so be it.

Awesome, awesome, awesome! This event was a total blast: 120mph on the straights, lots slower on the turns. Those Scooby STi's really eat up those turns, but they can't keep it up on the straights. I had to let a bunch go by just to get out of their way for the curves.

No real weather to speak of, except the dry, which was a great relief to us all. It was great to meet you Tim. And thanks, Ron, for stopping by.

Now the bad part: do I spend more upgrading the suspension (hotchkis swaybars, proper length end-links, panhard bar, and driveshaft loop) or just keep saving for the Gen 3?

Yup, Iwas thinking the wet track would last all day but Spoondog's powers of denial really did work. It got sunny and by the end of the day I was hitting upwards of 110MPH+ on the front and back straight. Wasnt really what I was shooting for as I like more instruction to be safe on the street and this was strictly racing stuff. Still money very well spent to legaly double the speed limit. There were 56 cars 10 of which were the Subaru AWD type. Maybe 6 SVT types and not a single Corvette or Camaro. It was good and fun but I'm no racer.....Yet.
Rick I need your addy I have a cool thing to send to you that I got after you left! Check your PM

Sounds like you guys had fun. Wish I could have come out to play. Spoon you were really able to eat up the STi's on the straights?? I figured you would be about even down the chutes and they would tear you up in the turns. Did your brakes survive? Panhard will make a big difference. Let's get you existing suspension dialed in better before you go buy new bars. When do you plan to go again?

Silver, I think I may be hooked -- I've been analyzing all brisk curves on my daily commute. :)

There really wasn't anything in our group that could keep up with the L's on the straights. Remember that we were all rank novices, and our trucks had the benefit (?) of an auto trans (one less thing to worry about). I can't say much about the other Scooby's, as they were in the more experienced groups.

The truck survived pretty well. Lots of bug splatters, wheels are absolutely black, and the brakes are just a bit mushy now. I suppose it's a good thing the 30k checkup is here so I can get the shop to check/replace the brake fluid.

Ah yes, more mods... The whole brake fade thing made me think about Ruslows slotted/dimpled disks and his Panhard bar. I've also been shopping around for new endlinks, but I can't measure the front lengths until we can get the new A-arms installed. It's just all going to take some time.

Don't know when I'm going again; I guess it depends on the opportunity and schedule. Probably not until after school lets out though (mid-June). If you end up going sometime, I would love to ride with you.

My brakes make noise now. Crud I got less than 19K and it's time to replace em'?! Guess going from 110+ down to 30 that fast must be hard on em' or something. Gonna be at PIR for the swap meet on Sunday to man the SAAC booth. Gonna promote track day for April 30th.

Back