Cascade SCC PIR "OnTrack" ???

SpoonDogSVT

Driver of "Elle"
Next "On Track" weekend is end of March. I just got word that there's still space, and the Lightning is welcome. Anyone else interested in participating?

http://www.cascadescc.com/racing_dt.cfm
2004 School Dates
Fri Mar 26 - Classroom - 6pm -10pm
Sat Mar 27 - On-Track - 7am - 5pm

I gotta get PSP to reburn my chip for the 90mm MAF, and get a driveshaft loop installed just in case. Should be (hoping it will be) fun!

Yes I'm pullin' money out of this weeks paycheck to pay for it. I'm up in Vancouver so it's a hop across the bridge. The only performance mod I have so far is a ground force 1"-2" drop and thats it, not even holes in the air box! Old man Ford's warranty watchdog's scare me.
:eek:
Friday April 30th is open track day sponsered by my car club SAAC NW so I havent made up my mind either to help out that day or scream around the track. One thing for sure I MUST have an in car camera! But where to bolt it? Any suggestions? Oh any idea of space left?

Another alternative is to check out the PIR schedule for car club dates. Porsche, Alfa, Audi, etc. We can run these days and you get more track time for less money. Typically they are under $100 for sessions than your brakes will last. I have paid as little as $50. The PIR schedule will list the clubs and dates. They are pleniful. Never been turned away. They want cars to offset their cost.

Hey Bill- I thought about that, but the first time out I better learn exactly what I'm doing. Then after the class I'll feel more comfortable trying to fit into the other car club dates. Is the Scooby club planning to put one together?

Hey Spoon I'm right there with ya on the learning what to do before going to the track for real. I didnt get to take the L out to even go 1/4 mile before it got cold I've had it about 8 month's. So I hope this month goes by fast.

You're not hoping near as much as I am. Since I'm a teacher, it seems that everyone (students, teachers, and staff) is really looking forward to spring break.

Were you able to get in touch with Tony? Are you on the roster?

Just Emailed to verify space. Hopefully answer will be swift! So at the end of this month I go to school at PIR, next weekend sit in a tent at PIR (swap meet) and 4 weeks later get a track day at PIR! I should get some kind of year round pass.

Between test days and race weekends I used to just about live out there. 2-3 weekends per month when we didn't travel to other tracks.

We're all going to have to do the Wed. night 1/4-mile get-togethers.

Or rather, the Wed. night everyone-leave-Spoonie-in-the-dust-gathers.

;p

Well I got my reply, you can judge for yourself what it means.
-------------------------------
Yes, we still have space available for March. Not sure about your helmet, but I think it will be ok. If not, we have rentals available for ten bucks. Tech inspection is at the track. All loose items must be removed. Speed limits are usually in place for the first session of the day at a minimum. Speed restrictions are lifted as the day progresses. Any further limitations are up to your instructor. Keep in mind that going fast in a straight line is the easy part. It's that first right hand turn you have to watch out for---especially in your truck.
Bottom line: you'll have a great time, grinning throughout the day, and be a better performance driver when the sun sets. We'll show you the fastest way around the track; the rest is up to you and your instructor.

Hope to see you at the track.
------------------------------
I had asked if there were any speed restrictions. I guess truck's don't corner well so I better bring the wife's Celica?
I'll ship the $ this weekend and see ya there. I suppose it run's rain or shine?

I'm taking the Lightning; gonna be fun to open it up, even if just on the straights.

I've got a lowered suspension, so that should help in the turns somewhat, and I'm looking at getting shorter end links for the anti-sway bars.

I'll be there, rain or shine, so they better be running... :tu:

Trust, racing in the rain is not fun at all. Nothing macho about it. More of a last man standing contest than a race. I have ran in the rain many times in various cars with purpose built rain tires. It still is no fun. The L would be much worse. You won't learn anything except how unforgiving the concrete barriers are. In the dry you can learn proper lines and apexes, etc. That all goes out the window on a wet track.

Ick... I hate to say it but I might be better off taking the Celica if it does rain. I assume they arent gonna give my $ back just cause it rains. It is the north west after all. Just 3 weeks to go. Sent the check yesterday morning. So I should get my 32 page driver manual soon. I want the weather from yesterday to go round the track in.

Got my welcome pack today. They run rain or shine. $50.00 fee for cancelling 5 days or less from track day. Only a little over a week to go!
:dp:

Got a little more info. 2 guys in my car club SAAC are the track stewards for our open track days. Initial speed limit is 75 MPH to start, not bad I figured it was gonna be around 50 or so. ALL loose things out of the truck! Includes junk in the glove box under seat jack and even in most cases the spare tire! Uh-Oh I dont have the key to lower my spare so I'm trying to find a way to get it down WO/ cutting the wire.
;B
Hmmm.. They still havent cashed my check either.
Hope to see ya there!

Class tonight; looks like we're going to miss the good weather by one day. I hope my chip actually gets here today, otherwise we'll see what the rest of the mods do without it.

Hopefully somone can help advise what needs to come out of the truck tonight. Of course the loose crap in the glove box, console, etc. but I'd rather not have to completely dismantle the stereo if I can help it. I dunno, maybe I'm just being an arse.

Anyway, looking forward to this to close off my spring break (snowboarding + landscaping + racing = good!). See ya soon!

Back