Can you guys gripe about something other than R/T's?

M

MO Lightning

Good Christ! Pick another topic. Nothing new has been said here for a month. Every time I check this forum, it's the same crap. R/T does this, Lightning does that. Who gives a rat's ass? Get with "foxspy" and have him bring over some 454SS guys for a fresh argument. Do something! This pissing contest has gotten more ridiculous the longer it has gone. Your killin' me here!!!

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620
'84 Bronco II-paid $250 for it-track times coming after overhaul...

P.S. Somebody please buy my Honda so I can get my nitrous!

Eeeeeaasy their killer...it'll be alright!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Shane L.

93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

He may be a little irate, but he IS right. Remember when there was even an argument about the size of a sheet of plywood that could fit in the beds of our trucks. Now that was some funny stuff.

------------------
2000 Silver L
"how much can you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" Tyler Durden

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MO Lightning:
Good Christ! Pick another topic. Nothing new has been said here for a month. Every time I check this forum, it's the same crap. R/T does this, Lightning does that. Who gives a rat's ass? Get with "foxspy" and have him bring over some 454SS guys for a fresh argument. Do something! This pissing contest has gotten more ridiculous the longer it has gone. Your killin' me here!!!

</font>

Whoa!! Chill! I here ya. It's just that we love our L's and the Slowpar guys love their R/T's. Nobody is willing to let anything go by w/o retaliation. Especially if JJ is involved
biggrin.gif
!!

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

There's people from both sides who spent entirely too much money on a truck, and justified the purchase as buying a bad-ass truck. Then come here to find other people running faster/looking better, with a different brand. That's for L and R/T owners alike (and the same for just about every factory performance vehicle out there). Just as I'm sure Cobra R owners get pissed after hearing a thousand times that their neighbor could get a regular Mustang, drop less money, and make it run faster than the R. There's no sense in it. Everyone buys what is right for them at that moment and time and in that situation.

I have never heard so much bickering and pissing fights before. Why is it only L's and R/T's, like others mentioned? We don't pick on Sy/Tys and 454SS's (well maybe a little) here. Why can't we appreciate that a dodge person put new heads on and picked up a full second (just an arbitrary example) instead of saying BS every other word, and vice versa? Let's stop the bench racing and post some REAL wars. Post results of cars you ACTUALLY RACED, either on the street or on the track. Stop saying what cars you could take.

My $0.02 rant
smile.gif

If we don't pick on each other this would be a boring site!!!
biggrin.gif

Honestly,
I think the R/T's are very nice trucks and capable performers. I just prefer the L's.

"As long as there is competition,we are pushed to be better!"

Jason

------------------
Jason
#1554 in 1994
FMS mass air
Powerdyne,8PSI,bybass
Kenne Belle BAP
14.17@96 SO FAR!!!!!!!!!
burnout.gif

febcb43f.jpg.orig.jpg
<BR>
febcb43f.jpg

Thanks Guys! I think we just get a lil irritated by SOME ppl ( no names.. we all know who they are ) who blatantly and stupidly make flat claims. Its in both camps as well... not sayin RTs are innocent here! Lets post some REAL #'s and times. Ive got some video of me takin down a late model mustang, or a firehawk, will those work?
smile.gif

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
Sigpic.jpg

Good points guys. This is just like the IROC thread. it went from is there gonna be a 385HP Camaro (that'd be sweet BTW) to Mustang Vs Camaro, to Mustang Vs. Z06, to Mustang's are girls cars and where did it end up for some unknown reason? You guessed it.... "R/Ts sucks."

I was enjoy watching the clasic Mustand Vs. Camaro argument. Good points were being made for each car, but then outta the blue someone started trashing Dodge's and R/Ts. Just craziness!

Well, hey Dan, congrats on breaking into the 12s. But she's still got more in her! I can feel it!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DaPurpleR/T (edited 07-19-2001).]

Haze--show the video. I love truck kills on pony cars!!!

At RiverCityRaceway last night i beat a turbo'd NSX.
smile.gif
Of course he never ran better than a 14.5 all night, which is slower than a STOCK nsx (by a lot) so i guess he was having some issues. But then again so was my truck. We all had a good laugh at the guy with the $60,000 car (he had some huge expensive rims, bodykit, and his engine bay was clean enough to eat off of) that got beat by a lowly pickemup truck.

Then later on in the night i got humbled by a beautiful (for a chebby) 70's turbo bigblock pickup running high 11s. I knew i was in trouble when his the cloud from his burnout blocked out the floodlights.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MO Lightning:
Haze--show the video. I love truck kills on pony cars!!!</font>

Ok time for the stupid part of our show.. HTF ( how the F@#$ ) do I show the vids? I dont have a server I can post em on... Is there a files area here?

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
Sigpic.jpg

I'm guilty, but sometimes it's just too much fun. Like SVT450 said, it brings some life to the site. I will also stand behind the fact that my posts we're provoked, I could of overlooked the original comments but what fun would that be?

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5e42b8.gif

Take it easy MO... good to see you posting again, I sure did miss your wit and short temper....

Now that I have posted, I am sure there will be some responses to what I say, so here it goes.

Same old story, I am a convert, and loving every minute or should I say loving every 12 seconds of it, and I asked in my last post if anyone wanted a peice of me.. you know what?? nobody said they did or was going to come to VMP to race, but they did start taking the thread into new directions, and by the 5th post, it was about R/T vs L's again.. read who started it this time and you will figure out who is holding on too tight to the Leather wrapped Dodge steering wheel......

I have a 2001 L that runs high-mid 12's and that is where she is gonna stay, and I love this truck, and if you R/T owners love your trucks as much as I do mine, then we do have a common bond, so lets meet at the track sometime and I am sure we will all get along just fine, the track seems to do that to people somehow............ Just stop with the name calling when you dont like what someone says......JJ

I just wanted to put in my little perspective on this issue. I've been lurking and reading all of these posts concerning L's and R/T's and I have yet to jump in on the conversation. I see good points and bad flames on both sides of the arguement. I even saw some harsh truths in JJ's comments, but his form of communication lacks tact, and that get's people angry. It really doesn't matter in the big scheme of Life, but I'd like to say this to my R/T Brothers; This IS a dedicated Lightning site, and we should respect that. We're lucky our list is "closed" and we don't have to put up with this kind of stuff. We should consider that when we choose to post on this list.

"13"

OK I am not a r/t i am a full size ram so let me have it if you can. LOL
photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

I HOPE THIS HELPS THANKS CMYINDY

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 13 2nd R/T:
...We're lucky our list is "closed" and we don't have to put up with this kind of stuff...

"13"

</font>

Actually, I think we are the lucky ones. I enjoy hearing from other "brand" owners.

Come to think of it, maybe that is why some of the R/T owners in here have a hard time with other people's opinions. They are not used to a site where different opinions are allowed, or even welcomed.

I think I can speak for the members of the National Lightnning Owners Club when I say that we welcome everyone here. Just respect our board like you would if you were visiting someone's home - and that goes for everyone, including Lightning owners.

------------------
Kevin Lewis NLOC #405
68 Firebird - Sold - to my brother, what a sucker!
93 Black SHO ATX - Cone Filter, Eibach Springs, and Doug Lewis Tranny
93 Black (Grey) Lightning - Stock
95 Black Lightning - Vortech S-Trim (10 rib), TW Heads (milled and polished), FMS 1.6 Rockers, Lunati Roller Cam, Mass Air Conversion, FMS 36# Injectors, Chip by PSP, Precision Industries Converter (2800 RPM), Bassani Headers, Bassani XPipe, Dynomax Race Mag Bullets, Full MSD Ignition, Electric Fans, And waaaaaay too much fun.....
lowlight.jpg
nloc6.gif

My 95 when it was down low, stock height now.

Hey guys whats up!!

Congrats Dan, I talked to Randy last night at the track, and he said you went 12.98!! Awesome!

I think that everyone pushes the buttons to get people pissed! I would have to agree that we just need to talk about other stuff that doesnt bring the big clash!! I try to stay out of it these days but some times its hard too.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Shane L.

93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lil'Zeus:
Hey guys whats up!!

Congrats Dan, I talked to Randy last night at the track, and he said you went 12.98!! Awesome!

I think that everyone pushes the buttons to get people pissed! I would have to agree that we just need to talk about other stuff that doesnt bring the big clash!! I try to stay out of it these days but some times its hard too.
biggrin.gif

</font>

Heya Shane...

Was actually a 12.99...
smile.gif
but close enough hehehe.. thanks! '

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
Sigpic.jpg

danno, send me an email on your drop... i just about have the funds available to do it... and i WANT it done! heh
thanx
Pete102580@yahoo.com

Back