Can anyone recommend a tuner ?

dlightnin

04' Sonic Blue L
I don't have a flash tuner yet. I'd like to find a tuner first then I'll get whatever flash tuner that the tuner uses. I've heard of Modular Powerhouse but all I see on their site are mustangs. Do they tune L's. What do they charge and what flash tuner do they use?
I have also heard of Injected Engineering and Atlanta Chassis Dyno.
What do you guys recommend?
Please include:
How much they charge?
What flash tuner they use?
Do they offer free tune revisions ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Ed 01 qnd i both use Atlanta chqssis dyno he uses either a diablow or SCT.mhe has tuned our trucks with no trouble They do an outstanding job with the mods you have done already. i am switching from a four pound lower to a six pound o I will have to make the tripe to
acd once again. PS> he does fuel air mix at same time. cost is about 150.00 the cost is about 150;00 per tune.

From what I hear, MPH does tune lightnings now.

I know they charge $370 for a dyno tune. However, I dont know how much they charge for a tune if you buy an XCAL2 from them.

As always, I will never recommend Injected Engineering. They are less than 10 min from my house and I still wont go near them.

I dont know anything about Atlanta Chassis Dyno. I know on the southside ALLSPEED tunes well. I think they have a commercial on TV now as well.

If you end up going to MPH, note that they are no longer in Canton. They are in Cartersville. DO not mapquest them. Use the directions on their site. I got lost last weekend when I was there.

If I were you....id make the drive to RWTD or Amazon. Both are supporting vendors here. Both should be about 4 hours from Byron. Worth the trip to go to two, reputable shops. RWTD dynotunes for $299 (not sure how much if you purchase an xcal2 from him).

I think most tuners offer lifetime adjustments for free on your current truck configuration. So, if you mod it and want it tuned again, thats gonna cost ya.

So ACD is 150.00 for the dyno and 150.00 for the tune, total 300.00 ?
Or just 150.00 total?
Also which does he prefer Diablo or SCT ?

Last edited:
ACD only uses SCT. My dyno tune with a tuner was 700.00 which appears to be about average give or take 50.00. The guys are pretty good! The owner, Brad Brand, used to own a Lightning himself and builds allot of high horsepower blown and turbo vehicles.

They just installed a KB on my friends GT500 and tuned it too over 700hp!

P7190007_edited-2.jpg

I have used MPH and Injected Engineering. MPH was $460 for the dyno tune and Injected Engineering was $600. The only reason I used Injected was because the wouldn't warranty my engine if I didn't use them. I made more HP with MPH, but I also cracked 4 pistons which could of been related to them, but I had some fuel issues a time or two and that could of been the reason not MPH. A lot of the mustang guys perfer MPH.

my typo they charged me 150.00 for the dyno tune and i had my own flash tuner. if you do the math ed01 paid about the same as me and also got the xcal flash tuner from brad total 700.00

I used them, Great guys there at ACD
They did my 02L

ACD only uses SCT. My dyno tune with a tuner was 700.00 which appears to be about average give or take 50.00. The guys are pretty good! The owner, Brad Brand, used to own a Lightning himself and builds allot of high horsepower blown and turbo vehicles.

They just installed a KB on my friends GT500 and tuned it too over 700hp!

P7190007_edited-2.jpg

Are you looking for a mail order tune or an actual dyno tune? I bought a SCT Xcal2 from JDM it had 3 tunes so I had room for mods. I have no problems. They have a sheet to fill out online or just call them if you prefer. If you want a dyno tune ACD (Brad Brand) is the best around this area.

Back