camshaft question

fujimo

I am wanting to put an anderson B2 roller cam in my 94 gen1.I need to know if ther is enough valve to piston clearance for this cam before I purchase it.lift is 5.24 and 5.44 LA-112 with 1.6 rockers. I know I will have to change the springs.this is just the first stage before the blower.any help appreciated.

Only way to know for sure is to check. Unless you know your deck height,piston spec,rod length and stroke. stock head? Have the heads been cut?The cam grinder should be able to tell with some good certainty though.I have no specific experience with that cam but, if you can get the numbers above I should be able to tell you.

While I would recommend checkin PTV just in case - mine has a Lunati 51025LUN camshaft in it - .535 / .544 lift 112 LSA 224/232* @.050 and it was fine.....

with that lunati cam what else did u use with it. i.e. rocker arms and what not

Sorry I missed this post. I used Comp Cams 1.6 rollers and Manley hardened pushrods(don't remember the length, I bought several sets and checked valvetrain geometry). My block is an F4TE, so I also got a roller cam install kit and roller lifters for an 86-93 5.0 Mustang - the kit included the spider, dogbones, and bolts.

On a much more important note, my truck is mass air by way of a A9L processor from a MA Mustang. The cam I have is NO WHERE CLOSE to being SD friendly.

o ok lol thanks man. ive been tryin to think of mods to do to my truck and im just so confused on the right things to do.

Back