Build Thread: 1992 Ford F150 "Lightning WANNA B"

A FORD RIDER

Bars Before Bras
A few months back i purchased my second f150...i got tired and bored of driving automatic so i went on the look for a 5 speed! Found one for 2500 with 130k miles 6i...here is where i am so far..i will update this as i go and put more pics up of what i have done to it..but this is just an exterior shot...hope you guys like it as much as i am!

2012-09-04135211-1.jpg

2012-09-04135155-1.jpg

Tsure looks familiar. My exact truck in fact when I bought it. 300 motor 5 speed, 2:73 rear end, white, and those same ugly side moldings. I took mine farther than i should have though its got a 351w in it now with the same Mazda tranny and a 3.55 rear diff. I miss the old lazy 6 sometimes. FYI those moldings pull right off and a few minutes with some rubbing compound and you'd never know they were there. Really cleans up the look of the truck IMO.

Looking Good,, real good, as in the words of Flo..:rolleyes::D Usally not a fan of aftermarket rims on our body style, but those look damn good on the white.

thanks guys..sorry just getting into this and learning the forum out. 95XLT the rear pics will be coming soon. droppedf100 and 95REGF150 these are the plans.

im also going far with my truck as this is the big picture. 351w to start with (already building it) then a 393 twin turbo set up. as close as i can to a lighting suspension with a djm drop i like the my trucks low.

i have already started my project first things where the obvious, rims, lights, and the seats. i have done a full interior swap from an UGLY BLUE to the DARK GREY interior!

my94xlt, im glad you liked the rims. i found them very cheap to what they are Boyd Coddington wheels.

thanks for the compliments so far!

I loved the look of that truck when you posted photos a while back and I still love it now.

I didn't read through of these posts so I apologize ... but as far as stance I would not change anything.

The wheels, the level, the height ... they all work very very well. And I've been known the be a judgmental pr*ck.

thanks bumperquip...i like it as well but to be honest i also need it a little lower because i have a hard time getting into the L seats.lol.i happen to be to dam short and i really love the look of a lowered truck!

to much money to slam it...lol...would like to but can't afford it...can anyone redirect me to a full Lightning Suspension.

Lightning suspension only consists of a 1" drop coil and the leafs are 1 or 2" less arch. To lower an F150 you need dropped I beams and a flip kit. That's around 3/5

You could go hangers and shackles and have more room for adjustment also but won't be able to lower than 4. I have 2 flip kits and a pair of axle protector springs if you decide to go the flip kit route, I'd sell them for a good price

bumperquip i asked about the suspension...lol...

droppedf100 if i do a lighting suspension and the djm 3/5 i would be at 4/6 or so right? if thats rights thats what i want! what do you mean 1 or 2" less arch?

- - - Updated - - -

how much for the flip kit rusty1?

bumperquip i asked about the suspension...lol...

droppedf100 if i do a lighting suspension and the djm 3/5 i would be at 4/6 or so right? if thats rights thats what i want! what do you mean 1 or 2" less arch?

- - - Updated - - -

how much for the flip kit rusty1?
The flip in the back will be close to perfect with the stock leafs. It won't work with the lightning springs. The Lightning front coils with beams will be 4" which is a nice drop.

Back