Brake option

S

Silver-Bolt

There is a new brake kit option coming out soon. Should be out at the end of January. Equal to the Brembo kit but less expensive. They are expecting the front kit to be around $2500. As I get more details I will post if anybody is interested.

Yeah!! From who and for what?? I hope not just for the Gen2. Please tell me they're making a kit for the Gen1.

I'm awaiting more info on these:
brkrett.jpg

Spike

[This message has been edited by Spike Engineering (edited 01-01-2002).]

Spike...is this a ruslow creation???
biggrin.gif

How much? When? Where? etc
eek.gif

No can not take credit for this one.Stan
I wonder if the rotors are cast for cross drilling looks like the holes are closer to the vane than in the center of it.

Stan,
If you responded, you must haven't gotten home! I left a message on your phone machine regarding these brakes.

The preliminary info that I have makes them expensive ("Brembo expensive + "). Thus, Stan's option still looks like the best price/performance.

Spike
(BTW, the holes are cast into the rotors)

[This message has been edited by Spike Engineering (edited 01-02-2002).]

Sorry for the delay guys. I was hoping to have more info for everyone. The company is Stop-Tech. They have a 4wd kit now and were supposed to have the 2wd done by 1/2/02. Have not heard back from them. Their orginal price estimate was $2500. Exact same specs as the Brembo kit. Still a big bucket of money but a $1000 cheaper than Brembo. Will post more when I get it.

yes I made it home.Thanks for the hospitality while I was there.As for the "other item " I have an extra set and they are going to the powder coaters next week to see how they will turn out.Stan

Stan:
Cool! Let me know when you get it done.

I'll send the bars when I get back home (two weeks) or I'll have Steve send them to you. If you don't need them after your done with the fab, I could give you an address of a guy who would enjoy trying them out.
biggrin.gif
(possibly a new topic???)

BTW, we enjoyed seeing you.

George

Back