Brake down, go ahead and give it too me...

Todd TCE

Supporting Vendor
Strike up the band!

Noticed it's a bit quiet on the Lightning front lately.

I'd like to assure folks that the discussions on brake pad and rotor wear using RACE pads is not indicative of what happens when one chooses big brakes. The supplied Q pad or the slightly 'up scale' E pad will not produce the wear or dust of the much talked about J pads.

To that end, with Lightning Fest on the horizon, now's the time to look at your brake options and be ready for the competition!

TCE would like to extend to all NLOC members a flat $150 discount on all Lightning kits now through July 15th.

While not 'huge', $150 off should more than make those on the fence

Brake down, take me through the night....

Come on now, I've got a big-ol' STACK of hats for both trucks just waiting for new homes. They're lonely you know.

Todd,

How many miles on our truck's stock brake system do you recommend replacing the rotors and pads? Mine has 20k+ miles on it with stock rotors, pads, etc. and I drive it pretty hard on the street but nothing else (no track events).

Do you have OEM replacement rotors (a la Ruslow fire-slotted, dimpled rotors)? I'm also looking for a set of pads that offer the most performance but do not squeal (like I've heard the Hawk HPS's do).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

I don't do stock parts so I can't offer you solid info. You'd do better to speak with Stan and let him help you with your needs.

I've got 65k on my stock rotors and of that about 45 on some PFC pads on my std 150.

Back