Braasch

Mennella
Gilstrap Win

------------------------------
NITTO TRUCK FINAL
------------------------------

Peter Rogowski 12.23 Win
Larry Gilstrap 12.16

Well, it was quite an exciting weekend to say the least!
Lots of fast trucks, great sportsmanship, & awesome racing.
Glad to see some familiar faces & meet some new ones. I don't think any of us made it to the final, most of us were taken out in the quarter finals.

Thank you Ralph for posting the results, and a special thank you to Randy for your assistance with "friday's staging lanes spit-up"! I was plagued with coolant system & battery charging problems all weekend. At least we went some rounds & picked up some points!

Great job everyone!

No problem Captain, anytime. Glad to see you got some of the bugs worked out. It'll all come together, just takes some time. Mine ran flawless all weekend and then picked up a skip in the 3rd round and fell off 3 tenths. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Anyway...we'll be back. We did run our fastest times so far though 6.90 @ 100.25 in the 1/8, 10.82 @ 125 in the 1/4.

See ya'll in Reynolds!

Hey you guys had too much fun!!! I'm so jelous!!!!!:mad: I wish I could have made it!!!!:( Randy that 10.82 was a very Good Pass & Keith , you did a Good Job going Rounds & Getting Points!!!! I hope to have my New Race Lightning at the Dance in Georgia.... Hope to see you guys There...:D :D :D

Later
Ralph Voorhees Jr.:w

Well, it doesn't look like I'll be making it to the Georgia event:(

I'd love to go, just can't get that kinda time off of work. I hope I don't get knocked out of the points chase too bad, lol.
Hey Ralph? If you go to that event with the "Beast", can you help me out and play spoiler for me? Ya know, take out all the big dogs in the class early so they don't get any points, lol.

I was just looking things over from Bradenton. I'm kinda surprised some of the top 10 from last year were taken out early. Legath & Kincaid were both out in the first round, and Cathan, Green & Johnny all lost in the second round. Pretty suprising the turnout. I guess we'll have to wait & see what happens in Reynolds, Georgia!

Take out the big dogs early eh? :p

I am planning to do the entire season this year. While my main goal is promoting PSP of course, I am racing to be competitive. Before the Gen 2s came out, I used to race my 95 all time. I've got quite a few national event wins under my belt with that truck. When the Gen 2s came out, all my track time was spent testing, I never got a chance to really just race for racing. This year I plan to change that. I know I have the skills to race well, now we just have to see if this 01 can perform consistantly. I'm looking to kick butt, and have fun while doing it. :D

In all honesty, I think this year is going to be great for all. There are more trucks in the class now, and mostly everyone is friendly and great to be around. I love racing with cool people, and look forward to seeing everyone this year. :)

wow! i'm just now finding some time to post a little.. but we had a fun time in FLA. we did manage to run a good time 11.6 @ 117 we had some tranny issues which we were fighting all weekend. the truck ran great durring the time trials and during the qualifying sessions. we made it thru the 1st round with no problems. but in the 2nd round we got a miss about 1/2 way down the track i was too scared to stay in it. not wanting to cause anymore damage so i decided to lift. what happened we blew out the spark in a couple of cylinders on the way back to the trailor it cleared up fine. i guess that Kenne Bell supercharger was a little too much for the sparkplugs. we have the kenne Bell boost a spark on we just turned it up more and this should take care of that problem! But all in all we had a great time seeing everyone and lookforward to doing it again in Ga. JL :D

Last edited:
Doesn't look like we're making it to Reynolds

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, it's not looking good for the trip to Reynolds. :( You "big dogs" go ahead and pile up the points...we'll try and catch up somehow.:confused:

;) For those of you who just got your hopes up....Sorry! We'll be there and I'm bringing some doggy-biscuits for ya too! Leaving the racetrack before dark on Sunday sucks!

Looking forward to seeing ya'll @ Reynolds...in the finals, that is!!:w

Back