Borla Catbacks

S

sstock

Was motoring down the freeway today,and noticed at 70mph the was quite abit of exhaust resonance from my stock mufflers(20,000miles). Was wondering if anyone is running borla muffler with stock cats and if so whats it sound like. Also interested in difference in sound with Bassani? Steve NLOC#343

Can't speak for the borla setup, but the bassani setup is nice. It is stainless steel, and just beautiful to look at. I have a custom cam that has a lot to do with the sound, but is a lot deeper sounding. Another thing I did not think about until last week, is that the bassani system relocates the exhaust pipe in front of the passanger side tire. When I was rear ended last week, if I would have had the stock exhaust on, it would have destroyed it. Just my 02 worth.

John Wilde

John, Bassani stuff I hear is real good quality. What does it sound like in comparison to stock at freeway speed. Steve

As far as inside the cab I don't notice any appreciable difference at highway speeds it is at idle that it stands out. And yes, the quality is as good as I have every seen, I have had Mac and Hooker on my mustang and would prefer to have bassani, but i cannot justify the cost. You have to have deep pockets for the bassani stuff.

Yea for sure on the deep pockets on this stuff. I hear Borla stuff is even more than Bassani stuff. I think it goes like this: Silver,Gold,Platinum,then Stainless Steel.Thanks for the feedback John.

Steve, at certain speeds the Bassani will drone pretty loudly because of the 2-into-1 configuration. Mine did it at just about 50 mph. My solution - never drive 50 mph. ;-)

Later!
Jeff S.

steve i hav borla cat backs there are ;loulder than stock sound tough but about 55 i find them loud so don"t drive 55.. over that speed they are fine i really like then i wish my 99 sounded half as good. along with a 1" intake spacer and roller rockers with the timing bumped to 15 and a short belt it makes a great big difference.. i hadn't herad of the ps pipe before..

I used the Borla cat back system on my 94 and have the Bassani on my 95. The Bassani has a strong drone at 30 to 40 mph at light throttle, but it sounds better at full tilt. The Borla was easy to live with but I like the look and the full throttle sound of the Bassani. The Bassani system is nice looking and has more attention to detail.

go with the Bassani system, I have the headers and x pipe on my 94 and it's the meanest sounding truck iv'e ever had. I also have dynomax race magnum mufflers on a custom made dual exhaust system from the x pipe back( no cats). The Bassania parts fit together perfectly and are definately high quality pieces.

I have the Bassani Headers, Off-Road X-Pipe and the before the tire cat-back system. It is not cheap but it is very well made and the sound is great. It is quite at low rpms and is not much loader then stock at idle. But when you give it gas, you will notice the difference. At WOT it sounds great, it is loud, but in a good way. Not like a rice burner (with a 4inch tip)! Most people that have seen my truck have noticed the exhaust and liked the sound, some saying it kinda sounds like a beefy mustang. Hope this helps and is just my opinion.

Shawn
NLOC processing

I found a crack in my Bassani X-pipe yesterday :-( Nothing major and probably due to the stresses my exhaust was under before the change - the big Bassani muffler was hitting against the driveshaft loop. But at the point where the left and right cylinder banks come together, just in front of the O2 sensor, there's a small brace. That brace has kinda pulled a crack in the driver's side pipe.

Also, just a reminder, you get a 10% discount on Bassani pieces from Sal at Power Surge Performance with your NLOC membership. I think NA Motorsports sells Bassani too.

BTW, Shawn, your member number is 0387 and you should have your packet today or tomorrow, I'd think.

Later!
Jeff S.

Back