boost bypass

I just recently did the boost bypass kit to my 03 lightning. not sure if this is a dumb question but will this upgrade make my truck overboost?? any feedback is much appreciated!!!! thanks!!!

I'm assuming that you're a recent convert from the import world. What exactly does "overboost" mean? Its not a term that has any relevance to people who understand what they're talking about.

im pretty sure i understand what im talking about. i just didnt know if doing that upgrade would make my truck produce more boost than its susposed to since it wouldnt dump it anymore under wot. just dont want to damage my truck. thanks!!!

The computer only dumps boost for torque reduction on shifts in some extreme cases, and sometimes when hitting the rev limiter. I usually just turn off in the tune.

I'm assuming that you're a recent convert from the import world. What exactly does "overboost" mean? Its not a term that has any relevance to people who understand what they're talking about.

nothing to do with being from the "import" world, its a term used when dealing with turbo forced induction. "overboost" is any situation were boost is not being controlled. close relationship to compressor surge, being that there is boost not being controlled. but that is a whole different subject and not part of the topic.

sorry if i sound like i am attacking. cause i am not. really just explaining what "overboost" is and how its not only a part of the "import world" but anyone that deals with turbos.

Last edited:
Back