Blown stroker!

B

Black95

I'm the original owner of a all stock '95 with 115K miles that still performs like new, but I'm starting to map out a strategy for the future. My goal is to hit high 12's on street tires on a reliable, daily driver vehicle. (I do have another vehicle, but I want to be able to drive the L whenever I want.) What I'd like to do is add some torque via a stroker motor and some power with a centrifical charger. Specifically, I'm thinking about a fuel injected, mildly built 393W (6,000 rpm redline) that produces 475 horsepower at 5,800rpms and 450lbs of torque at 4,000rpm. I'll back it up with a Level10 built E4OD and Auburn Pro diff.

Can the stock fuel injection system be tuned to run this combo? (Will the required cam be too agressive for the speed density?) What suspension mods are recommended? Will the stock radiator provide sufficient cooling?

I believe if you are gonna run a large cam then you are going to need mass air. I would also suggest a monster fuel system with some Lucas 42 lb injectors. Remember, you put all the air into the motor you want. If you dont put the fuel there...it could get really ugly.
Jason N.
95 Red #225

Ummm... that's not a high 12 second combo you're putting together there. That's a way low 11 second combo. You'll run 12s on just that engine if you get it tuned right.

You'll definitely want to convert to mass air. Use some of the fuel system "overdrive" methods to get the pumps to supply an adequate amount of fuel. STock radiator is about the best thing you're going to find, period. Put on a set of CalTracs or Rancho torque arms to control wheel sping.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC
#74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
#?? in '00 - 13.68@99.5

You didn't say much about which blower or anything, but I was planning on much the same thing for my truck after its paid for. Or when I can afford to work on the electronics. I was looking at a 393 shortblock, P/P gt40's or Dart Seniors, performer RPM cam or comparable, and the Paxton S/N 2000 I have,if it lasts that long, with about 9 lbs of boost. Thats the simple part. I figured on converting to mass air, but I don't know much about tuning fuel injection or what works and what doesn't. Hopefully I will figure it out by then.

Ray
93 black S/N 2000 Flowmasters,not much else
70 Mustang fastback 351c 4v patiently waiting time and money

soniccbr I see you have a 351C 4V.I have a torkerII intake for sell.Single plane.Very good shape.100.00bucks.I also have a set of 351C4V manifolds very good shape also no cracks or rust.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
TeamPowerdyne

thanks for the offer, but the engine is running ok, and the car needs major work in other areas before I can get to the engine. If I had more money I'd think about it, tho.

------------------
Ray
93 black w/Paxton S/N 2000 Flowmasters, not much else.
70 Mustang fastback 351c 4v waiting time and money

Sweet plans. While a tuned mass air setup would be the optimal setup for that thing, you could get by tuning the stock speed density system via either a custom chip or now via an EEC-Tuner (www.eec-tuner.com).

The EEC-Tuner is now supporting the stock Lightning speed density PCM, and a nice GUI interface is up and running for it, making the thing a lot more user-friendly than it was originally. It doesn't matter what cam/heads/intake/injectors you have, it can be made to work. I don't know your level of tuning ability, but if you want something that you can change (do-it-yourself) whenever you get the urge to play with the the combo, this is the ticket. If you're not confident on your tuning abilities, then a custom speed-density chip would certainly work.

Back on the mass air subject - it's not gonna be too long until the EEC-Tuner can support a mass air Lightning PCM. That would be absolutely the best way to go, IMHO. But just wanted to say that as long as you tune the SD system, it could work.....there's more than one way to do things.

Good luck!

- Kevin

Back