Blown Motor Club

What is there to work out? How do you determine whose fault it was. Gettin a built motor and a Whipple, before I wanted to. Hell, stuff happens and when or where it happens, we have no control over. Movin Forward!

What is there to work out? How do you determine whose fault it was. Gettin a built motor and a Whipple, before I wanted to. Hell, stuff happens and when or where it happens, we have no control over. Movin Forward!

Do you have someone to install the motor?

white99L

hey mann not ready too face that nightmare yet sorry too hear another svt motor set too ford heaven

After long and serious thoughts, getting it built here in Tampa. Can see what's going on as it's being done. Going to be a couple of months before the finished product hits the streets. Should be well worth the wait.:cool:

After long and serious thoughts, getting it built here in Tampa. Can see what's going on as it's being done. Going to be a couple of months before the finished product hits the streets. Should be well worth the wait.:cool:

So no JDM longblock ?

Get it built here and if there are issues, the guy that built it is here in town.Going to be 550+ at the wheels hopefully. Don't plan on Racing a bunch. Once in awhile for s---- and giggles.

Mikey, if you need an engine builder over there I know of a shop that is beyond capable and I think they are close to you. Shoot me a PM if needed.

Kev

Kevin---you have a pm. Curious who you'd use over here:cool: Found it. He's in Pinellas Park. Thanks

Last edited:
The Whipple should be at the shop where I put my time in tomorrow, at least that's what UPS says. Let the Building begin. Actually, He's going to start on it next week. Parts are all ordered, truck is sitting there waiting to get a new motor.. Withdrawls are starting to set in.;m

The trip and my Niece's Wedding were wonderful. The weather was great up there and the flight up and back was without any major issues. Was glad to get back down here as it was supposed to rain and snow after we left. Can't wait for the rebuilding to get underway. Parts should start showing up Monday. Whipple should be here tomorrow. Now it's just a waiting game.:cool:

Hey Mikey, sorry to hear about your motor! You have the right attitude! How are your heads coming along? I have the old set of ported heads off of Go_dzila laying around at the shop. They are bare and need some machine work but were ported by Walter Lester. I made 476 RWHP out of my 4.6L with them and they came off of a 2000 lightning.
On another note, I finally pulled the motor out of the Turbo Gen 1 last night with the Help of Eric! You will probably be up and running before I will! lol Good luck with your build!

Well, the block showed up today at Brandon Ford. Picked it up and immediately dropped it off at Coastal. Going to the machine shop Monday along with a set of heads. Let the Build begin.

Back