Blow off valves

shaunditty

Shaunditty
It seems there are a lot of different blow off valves to choose from. I currently have a Bosch and am thinking of upgrading but wonder what everyone else is using? I see several Vortechs, Tial, Greedy, Speed Daddy, Turbo smart, HKS, JDM, etc... Im Leaning towards just a basic Vortech since that’s the blower I’m using. Used ones are around $200 plus and do not seem to include the flange unfortunately so it needs purchased seperately. Again just wonder what others are using? Oh and my truck is around 9-10psi with a Vortech V1 S-trim

I have a brand new Vortech one , the Newest version of the mini race valve with flange.. Id have to really think If I want to sale it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Tial on mine so I can recirculate it.

d9e48d8b94c1f7d8f999f67524415324.png

Had a Turbonetics Godzilla on another build and didn't like it. Happy with the Turbosmart on the Lightning.

I'd just go with whatever you like from a cosmetic standpoint. They all do basically the same thing. The ability to "tune" the opening pressure on some of the aftermarket bypass valves has advantages to the turbo crowd, but with low boost on a centrifugal-supercharged, automatic transmission vehicle, you're really only trying to reduce the pressure load on the supercharger impeller when the throttle closes after a wide open, full boost run. In terms of how well it works, the Bosch is fine for your setup.

For a turbocharged application (especially with a manual transmission), the valve is a lot more important.

I picked the one I did for the simple fact it was made in the USA and it had the biggest round outlet I could find so I could re-pipe it into the blower inlet.

I picked the one I did for the simple fact it was made in the USA and it had the biggest round outlet I could find so I could re-pipe it into the blower inlet.

This has been the reason I have stuck to my bosch valve, Right now it’s venting to the atmosphere but I can always route it back into the inlet pipe and make it all quiet again.

Thanks for the replies. Seems like you guys are all using different ones lol 😂. That makes me feel better so I can keep my options open if a nice used one pops up on EBay. Maybe I’m over thinkin it but I was looking at Tial ones on EBay and the prices are all over. I see first version and second versions. The second version is over $250 and the first versions are from $53-$103. Most say with a 10psi spring and give a engine vacuum range of -16” to -19” which at idle I’m around that range. I think I’ll just keep watching EBay for a decent priced used one and not rack my brain in it too much. I do like the look of the Tial ones though. Plus I kinda doubt I’ll ever need to recirculate mine?

Sal looks nice man! I’d install it if I was you though... Did it come with a filter? Seems strange to filter outgoing air? Maybe to keep things out of it when engine is off?

Sal looks nice man! I’d install it if I was you though... Did it come with a filter? Seems strange to filter outgoing air? Maybe to keep things out of it when engine is off?

Thank’s, Yeah I wondered what the filter was for and upon reading I was made aware it’s used to muffle down the sound.. To quiet down the valve pretty much

Last edited:
I went to Summits website and did some research. There’s several to choose from the Vortech line. One interesting thing I found was they rate the Bosch style valve at 0-10psi max and 375hp.

I will be doing a procharger valve and dumping mine in to the atmosphere. Will be using a blow through slot style meter for the maf, what the tuner prefers.

2af821ad62a6ecdb0242946bf4bc2a4e.jpg

I decided to go with the Tial with a 2psi spring for supercharged applications. I also replaced my blower pulley too. I removed the 3” pulley and installed a 2.85”. Looking forward to getting it installed within a few weeks when my buddy gets back from vacation to weld it for me.

Thank’s, Yeah I wondered what the filter was for and upon reading I was made aware it’s used to muffle down the sound.. To quiet down the valve pretty much

Quiet the valve? Heck that Boooosssshhhhh is half the fun, scaring the unaware into thinking you just blew up or something like that. :)

looks good. how did you cut the hole in the tube?

Thanks. I used a variable/cone style bit and then a dremel and a file the rest of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

I going to try the vortech max flow race that does a 360 discharge
0da604bcd578fc83e76331fea55e26cb.jpg

That’s a nice one. I wanted it but it was considerably more money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quiet the valve? Heck that Boooosssshhhhh is half the fun, scaring the unaware into thinking you just blew up or something like that. :)

The big rush of air is pretty cool.

Back