Big Red Machine Stomps a Mudhole in a T.A.!!!!

S

svt450

Oh, yeah!
As I was heading home tonight from settingup our fireworks display for the 4th, a 99-00 Firebird TA starts messing with me.
We get to a 4 way stop, wait for a few cars to turn in front of us and both hit it about the same time.
Well, I put the foot to the floor, built about 8psi and it was all she wrote!

I let off at the top of second and had cool guy by 1-1/2 cars!!!(err,trucks
smile.gif
)

Like all sore losers, he shut her down and turned off.

I LOVE THIS BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Jason
#1554 in 1994
FMS mass air
Powerdyne,8PSI,bybass
Kenne Belle BAP
14.33@96 SO FAR!!!!!!!!!
burnout.gif

febcb43f.jpg.orig.jpg
<BR>
febcb43f.jpg

good kill dude......
cool.gif
another f body bows to a truck
biggrin.gif
lmao
wink.gif
sounds like that kennebell is rockin..do ya run an optimizer????got some questions for ya...email me i am curious..cause i too am kennebelled and fought probs in da beginnin...Optimizer/knock retard system sucked infact fuel wasnt consistent......
mad.gif
but i licked its ass(i mean butt)
biggrin.gif
... keep boostin baby and enjoy instant boost land...aint it sweet...yeahhhhhhhhhhh

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
surfa.jpg

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 07-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 07-04-2001).]

Nice kill, Jay!! I like the tag ring, "Camaroes are great, I just ate one!!"...

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

Just wondering, was it a "Trans Am" or regular "Firechicken"? The LS1 powered Trans Am can be very potent and I suspect you wouldn't have as easy of a time with it. It would be the same with my Imp against a "Mustang" and "Mustang GT" The GT is obviously more potent and although I'll win, it won't be by a whole lot. I sneer at the regulars...

------------------
Robert 96 BBB Impala SS
TNT N2O and bolt ons

I figure that a lot of the LS1 races comes down to the driver. I've seen stock M6 LS1 F-bodies run into the VERY low 13s (the fastest I've personally seen is a 13.0@107) with decent drivers.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

Also, comin' off a stoplight is not the LS1' sweet spot. I would mess with one of a light before I'd try em at highway speeds.
smile.gif

Good kill man.

------------------

I'll love running F bodies!! Its so cool to beat them, especially If they have good looking chicks with them!!

------------------
Shane L.
93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

KillerWhale,

Yes I am sure it was a TA. I double checked and a buddy was behind me in his truck and said it was.
I am sure the guy couldn't drive very good. I was expecting a better race. Actually, I expected to get beat. It was bone stock, even stock exhaust.

But, you gotta love a good kill!

Jason

------------------
Jason
#1554 in 1994
FMS mass air
Powerdyne,8PSI,bybass
Kenne Belle BAP
14.33@96 SO FAR!!!!!!!!!
burnout.gif

febcb43f.jpg.orig.jpg
<BR>
febcb43f.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lil'Zeus:
I'll love running F bodies!! Its so cool to beat them, especially If they have good looking chicks with them!!

</font>

WHERE? dude all i saw when we were cruizin your turf was a probe GT with a fart can... lol.. i thought wanamaker was 'the spot'?!
Pete

Jason, I think even with a good driver you could pull a T/A off a light and to at least 60MPH. Just keep dat boost meter up.
smile.gif

Pete~
Man, you really need to go to Lawrence then, its a college town and damn sorority chicks are fine!! Washburn,the university I attend here in Topeka isn't all that big! And Wanamaker is getting overrun with imports so I don't go out that much anymore!!!

------------------
Shane L.
93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

Zeus, what are you doin' on the net this early? Are you at work already!? Give me a call.

Jason:

I am gone for a couple of days and you smoke a T/A? Cool! Later Jeremy

Hell, I'd rather race from a stop with my LS1. I think most Gen2 Ls except for very highly modified ones would have a hard time keeping up with me from a launch. I think it has alot to do with the parts I selected and drivers skill though. Best 60' has been a 1.68 on a 7.80 @ 88mph 1/8th. That was on stock Goodyear RSAs. I averaged in the very low 1.7 60's. Mods were Lidenfilter
wink.gif
, exhaust and converter.

jess
99 Z28 A4

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lil'Zeus:
Pete~
Man, you really need to go to Lawrence then, its a college town and damn sorority chicks are fine!! Washburn,the university I attend here in Topeka isn't all that big! And Wanamaker is getting overrun with imports so I don't go out that much anymore!!!

</font>

damn, wish i woulda known that while i was there!! then again i had my (now ex)chic with me....
which by the way, theres some videos of her, check em out...

http://www.chicagolandrtclub.org/video/nikki_shake_250.wmv

here's another...

http://www.chicagolandrtclub.org/video/thepretzel.asf

heh... i really hope someday she finds out she was put on the internet... lmao

BY THE WAY... did you catch a glimpse of the "Sport Truck" photographer?... here she is:

http://www.chicagolandrtclub.org/video/st_wag_1mb.wmv

enjoy,
Pete

Back