Best heads to buy

L

lightngsvt

Just wondering what you guys think are the best aftermarket heads out of the box? I kinda want to stay aluminum and they must be "street/strip" heads. Im really leaning toward AFR, Canfield, or Dart Sr. Any info, ideas, opinions? This will be on a stock SB, .520+ lift cam, stock tranny, all accesories and some juice. Powerband 2800-5600.

I just put a set of AFR 185cc heads on my Mustang and they are fantastic. Very well made pieces.

Give Josh White @ Wynne Speed a call (877) 996-6375. He's an AFR dealer and can answer any questions that you may have.

Kyle

[This message has been edited by strucksvt (edited 06-12-2000).]

I have heard nothing but positive things about the Edelbrock heads. May be worth looking into.
Jason N.
95 Red #225

l svt for the money performer el's are great bolt ons 64cc with 194 160 valves. as far as that goes bang for the buck i went 10's with steel dart sr with (world products) 202 160and a victor jr intake so there are many to pick from. my new motor has the victor r heads 47cc. just my 2cents

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

hanks guys, but I am pulling off a set of Edelbrock Performer 5.8's. They are stock, but need some work. SO I figured instead of fixing/porting them, Id just go to a better head.

I really like what Ive seen of the AFR's, Kyle K form the list highly recomends Darts and no one ever said a bad word about Canfield/Avenger. its soooooooo confusing.

I just want to bolt em on, run mids 13's on motor and mid 12's on juice. Im not asking much, huh? ;-)

Back