best exhaust for performance '03 lightning

lightningluzier

i bought a 2003 lightning a few months ago, and am now looking for an exhaust. the sound or price is not that big of an issue, i was just looking for the exhaust that will perform the best by means of horsepower and toque gain. i have been told bassani and magnaflow are both good choices. any suggestions would be appreciated.

exhaust

i bought a 2003 lightning a few months ago, and am now looking for an exhaust. the sound or price is not that big of an issue, i was just looking for the exhaust that will perform the best by means of horsepower and toque gain. i have been told bassani and magnaflow are both good choices. any suggestions would be appreciated.

well... you should go with full length exhaust whatever you do... Bassani is what I run with long tubes. if you want low end torque you go with long tubes, and high end torque with shorty's. If your not pushing over 500rwhp then I wouldn't sudggest getting the 3in pipe, 2.5 will be plenty of pipe to get the exhaust out. I have heard JDM's silver bullet exhaust puts down good numbers and sounds great! Magna Flow, Bassani, and Silver Bullet should be your top choices and MAC even sounds mean! hope this helps. But with Long Tubes and any of thes catbacks you should get 30rwhp and 50rwtq out of any of them.

not to sound like a putz... but if u plan on modding the truck... id just get the 3" bassani JLPR exhaust... i gauruntee u wont get rid of it unless u go turbo...

smitty

No doubt the JLP Bassani LT system is one of the best. If there is one SV that knows these trucks, it's Johnny. With that said, if your going to look at systems with a single muffler such as the Bassani then look also at the Cannon Performance Exhaust system. You can view it at DM-Racing.com. For the Lightning your looking at $2250 - that's a LT system, HI-flow cats and DI/DO muffler, and choice of rolled or slash cut tips - all in 304 Stainless, and I believe that's shipped.

exhaust

i have magnaflow cat back, high flow cats, and dyna tech long tubes. i luv the sound and ran 12.54@108mph with a tune,4lb lower,cai,nitto dr555,ftvb,48"traktion bars

i have shorty headers. high flow catless mids . h pipe and twin mac mufflers . way better than the flowmaster setup . i took out singlw muffler . put in dual flowmaster didnt like it . so went back to mac and it sounds awesome . at idle a lil quieter than the flowmaster . but none of the flowmaster drone . much better imo

Back