Bassani off road pipe

C

Cypher

Will a Bassani off road pipe bolt right up to stock headers or do you need to go with the Bassani headers too??
I just put on my new Bassani cat back and sorry to say but its just to quiet for me.If I got rid of my cats and installed a off road pipe how much will that help?(dont want the truck unbearably loud but it needs to be more than just the cat back!)

Yes, the Bassani "x" pipe is a direct bolt-in replacement for you cats. However, there will be a substantial increase in how loud your truck is, especially at WOT. The "x" pipe alone, picked up my times by 0.3 seconds.

john

I know its very subjective, but what kind of loud does the off-road pipe produce. Loud as in "mean, 60's muscle car" or "school bus with hole in muffler"?

Well, I just got my truck running yesterday. It is loud! The combo of Edelbrock heads (smaller cc), .500+ lift cam, Basanni headers/X-pipe and 2ch Flowmasters exiting in front of the wheel is not tame. I think the Basanni cat back is quieter than the Flowmasters though. Just keep in mind the difference between a stock mustang and a mustang with exhaust (for comparison sake). You will notice a big difference with the x-pipe.

hey... my first mod was flowmasters, and that was a dissapointment for sound quality alone. later on, i added the x-pipe and am very happy with the combo. one or the other did not make a vast improvement, but the two together are a superb investment. its very subdued at idle, sounds very strong at mid, and screams on the high end...just what i wanted...
on the same note, i heard that removing the muff's altogether is a very nice sound and that the quad cats provide plenty of backpressure, but dont quote me on that.

Back